Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat (or Not!)

My last minute Halloween costume was not well received by Abby.


She was absolutely NOT happy in her tutu!
I thought she would probably just ignore it, but the second it was on, she melted down.


Even when I showed her how cute she was in the mirror, the tears were still flowing...


We went to our friend Meg and Jerrid's house for Halloween. Jerrid was the only one that dressed up... (the best part is the body building shirt with the fairy wings)


Meg, Steve and Justine

Me and Stu.
About five minutes after this was taken, I went to sit down on a cooler that had wheels. Well either it slid out from under me or Stu moved it (I'm leaning towards he moved it, but he swear that he didn't). I sat straight down on the concrete. This morning, I woke up and pretty sure that bone is bruised. Right now I am sitting on a heating pad typing this. That is one painful bone to bruise.




Meg, me and Justine



So today when she was a little calmer...I tried the Tutu again. She handled it this time, but did want to eat the bow on it.



Maybe we will have better luck next year!



Update on the house: we got an offer Saturday night. It wasn't good. We countered and they passed. We were really excited about it, but in the end it is for the best. I met the buyers Saturday morning and they were extremely unfriendly. Not that we care, all we want is the money, but I just didn't have a good feeling about them.



We also had a horrible experience this morning. I debated whether to post a picture or not, but I have decided not to. Stu got up with Abby and about 5 seconds later, came and got me. Her diaper had come loose in the night. She PAINTED her crib with the uh...contents. It was in her hair, hands, face, it was the single most traumatizing thing I have ever seen. And I think our reaction freaked her out as well. But we bathed her and then cuddled her, so she is OK now. I always heard that this happens and I guess to make it to 10 months, we are lucky. But my goodness, it was ugly.





6 comments:

Justine said...

I love all the pictures! Im going to steal the one of me you and meg.
And I love to tutu. Looks like this time around was a little better for ms abby! =)

Warf pary of 3 said...

if she only knew how cute she looked in the tutu. we have all been there on the diaper comment. Landon had one that came all out in his car seat in the middle of Yellowstone National Park. No water no where to pull over. It's gonna happen and probably wont be the last time. HAHA ;o). life of a mom.

gammy said...

I love her little tutu, what a cutie pie. Love the one of her sitting and looking up.. and who what that with the goofy grin, plaid shirt and red hat??? that is just to much.. LOL... thanks for the update and love the story about the morning mess.. wow!!!

Wiz said...

Ha! I think you should have posted the picture :) I hear ya on the house. Sometimes you want to sell to someone who will make it a happy home. I hope you get another offer soon!

Katie said...

Been there done that with the diaper mess......hopefully that will be the only time it happens!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I just read this one.... Luckily, 18 months and counting, I haven't had that experience with Ashlynn and her, contents! Hahaaa!!!! That CRACKED me UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!