Monday, January 31, 2011
Sunday, January 30, 2011
We walked Ali to the dog park.
Abby stood at the gate and yelled "Ali, Come!" the entire time. Poor Ali.
After the dog park, we went to the slide at our apartment complex. We met a little girl named Taylor that was 5 days younger than Abby. They played so cute together. I didn't take any pictures as I figured the mom might have been weirded out by that.
After our nap, we went to the Discovery Center (forgot my camera). We met Tracy and Michelle there. It was blast to hang out with 5 girls between the age of 5 and 1. Crazy times!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
She LOVED putting them on a certain someone.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
In case you are wondering, this was Abby's first experience with the Sweetheart Candies (the ones that have sayings on them). That is why her hand is in her mouth the ENTIRE time.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
- A real pig
- A giraffe with a long neck.
- Pizza with mud on it.
- Fruit with pictures on it.
Seriously, how do these kids think these things up?
After that, I went and got Abby. I have really been wanting to work on her toys. Nothing "matches" as in you find one toy that is missing pieces or half a puzzle.
So, I took all of her toys around the house and put them in her room.
Yes, it is really this bad. But after about an hour, I got it all organized. Not quite sure how long it will last though (and I didn't take any after pictures).
I just walked in the other room and came back to my dog on the couch drinking my wine. I am really hoping that she doesn't throw that back up.
Thanks for the comments on my church post. I did go to the larger church this morning because of the preschool commitment, but we are going to try another one next Sunday. I know that I will find one that is right for us. And for the person that left me the anonymous comment, please leave me a comment with your email address....I would love to talk more!
Saturday, January 22, 2011
- I love the preacher. He is a great speaker and I am always moved to do better in my life every Sunday morning.
- They have a great kids program. Mainly for kindergarten and up. I have seen the program and I love the message and way they promote it.
- They have a wonderful Wednesday night program for women. The speaker, Beth, can usually bring a tear to my eye as she emphasizes the role of being a mother and woman.
- I like the contemporary music. I know all the "old" hymns by heart and is nice to see fresh music.
- I am a numbers person and when I read the financial statement, it is hard for me to ignore the fact that over 60% of the budget is spent on "staff". I know that it takes alot to run a church, but my belief is in helping others. When I write a measly check for $100 and I realize that only $40 of that is helping people in the community, it is hard.
- The outreach program is lacking. I signed up for Community Service Day, prepared to spend a day helping others. I spent 20-30 minutes delivering processed snacks to firefighters. The program said "Baked Goods", that was not the case. I was even prepared to bake (gasp!) if I needed to.
- I am really looking for a church that is more of a community. I want to see the same people every Sunday and see the same people when working on community service.
- I have only seen about 5 people be baptized in this church. And absolutely no "members" added. It is not something that they do. And I noted above about the new music, but I do still like the classic hymns.
Am I crazy? Does this church exist? Maybe I am just not participating in all the activities that I should at this church and not giving it the chance it deserves?
What I want:
- I want Abby to grow up in a church that she wants to get married in.
- I want her to have life long friends that have the same values.
- I want to give back. Not always monetary, but with my time and using the skills that I have.
So tell me....do you know of a church that I might like? I have done some research online tonight, so might be checking out a few new ones soon. But I will take any suggestions!
Other note - congrats to my next friend that is pregnant and is due Sept 1st. I know she doesn't read my blog, but I am still so happy for her!
Edited: Reading back through my post, I sign whiney. And I am. It is hard to form a good relationship with a church/God. But I was so upset about today that I just needed to vent it out. I wanted to write a letter to the church about my disappointment, but after my friends made fun of me ( ;) ), I decided to just write it out on here!
Friday, January 21, 2011
But Abby seemed to enjoy them and so far doesn't have food poisoning!
Note her puppy. She has become obsessed with this Beanie Baby pug. I am hoping it is because it reminds her of Ali.
I am hoping to get a picture of it soon, but Abby's newest "trick" is to purse her lips and roll her eyes. Not only is it the funniest thing that I have ever seen, but I am pretty sure it is a good indication of what is to come.....
Thursday, January 20, 2011
One of them is ALWAYS an action (i.e. blurry) shot.
Teesha works at an insurance company and is very dedicated to her work. She has worked in multiple departments and has a great relationship with her co-workers.
As you can see from the picture, Teesha has a great sense of fashion. Living in the great city of Nashville, Teesha is always quick to throw on a pair of cowgirl boots, ready to dance the night away. She is always dressed for the part whether it be for a night out on the town or a girls night of watching movies and drinking wine.
Did I mention how fit she is? Oh yes, this gal is a marathon runner (far right). This was at the Middle Half in Murfreesboro. She finished right under 2 hours!
And still managed to look beautiful! Teesha loves to work out and eat healthy. At 5'8", she is a tall, blonde knockout! You can find her most mornings at the gym getting ready to start her day.
Monday, January 17, 2011
I think this color is splendid.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Amanda continuing with her. I had to take this picture because I was laughing so hard at "Manda" trying to get Abby ready to slide.
Finally, they made it up and slid down.
I really couldn't believe how great of a time that she had. Serious consideration for her next birthday. And rainy days. And weekends.