Friday, January 7, 2011

A Quick Blessing

I have started going back to church and am so excited about it (in case you can't tell). Don't get me wrong, I still slam wine and can curse like a sailor, but I am at least trying. But I did want to share this quick story about the blessing I recently got.
Money is always tight this time of year. Christmas hits us since we have such large families. And now with Abby's birthday a few weeks later, it is a double dose.
But, I decided to make a donation of $100 to the church on Christmas Eve (I know that doesn't seem like a lot of money, but it is to me!). I decided that if God needed that money, He could have it. IF He wanted me to have it, it would happen.
So on Thursday, I went to the dentist. I knew beforehand it was going to be about a $110 for the filling. When I got there, they told me I had a credit on my account for $30. Score! So I only had to pay about $80. Well, after a second x-ray, the dentist decided that he didn't think I needed the filling. They credited me back the entire $110.
Not only did I "make" that extra $30, but I was spared the $110 expense.
I just have to think that their was a Higher Being working there.
(Plus, I didn't have to get a filling!)

No comments: