- I love the preacher. He is a great speaker and I am always moved to do better in my life every Sunday morning.
- They have a great kids program. Mainly for kindergarten and up. I have seen the program and I love the message and way they promote it.
- They have a wonderful Wednesday night program for women. The speaker, Beth, can usually bring a tear to my eye as she emphasizes the role of being a mother and woman.
- I like the contemporary music. I know all the "old" hymns by heart and is nice to see fresh music.
- I am a numbers person and when I read the financial statement, it is hard for me to ignore the fact that over 60% of the budget is spent on "staff". I know that it takes alot to run a church, but my belief is in helping others. When I write a measly check for $100 and I realize that only $40 of that is helping people in the community, it is hard.
- The outreach program is lacking. I signed up for Community Service Day, prepared to spend a day helping others. I spent 20-30 minutes delivering processed snacks to firefighters. The program said "Baked Goods", that was not the case. I was even prepared to bake (gasp!) if I needed to.
- I am really looking for a church that is more of a community. I want to see the same people every Sunday and see the same people when working on community service.
- I have only seen about 5 people be baptized in this church. And absolutely no "members" added. It is not something that they do. And I noted above about the new music, but I do still like the classic hymns.
Am I crazy? Does this church exist? Maybe I am just not participating in all the activities that I should at this church and not giving it the chance it deserves?
What I want:
- I want Abby to grow up in a church that she wants to get married in.
- I want her to have life long friends that have the same values.
- I want to give back. Not always monetary, but with my time and using the skills that I have.
So tell me....do you know of a church that I might like? I have done some research online tonight, so might be checking out a few new ones soon. But I will take any suggestions!
Other note - congrats to my next friend that is pregnant and is due Sept 1st. I know she doesn't read my blog, but I am still so happy for her!
Edited: Reading back through my post, I sign whiney. And I am. It is hard to form a good relationship with a church/God. But I was so upset about today that I just needed to vent it out. I wanted to write a letter to the church about my disappointment, but after my friends made fun of me ( ;) ), I decided to just write it out on here!