Thursday, March 31, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
- The dentist only let one person in the back. So, of course I volunteered.
- We get to the back and the lady asks Abby to hop up on the chair. I laughed and hopped up on the chair with her.
- She did try to engage with her and let her touch the tools first. Abby was having none of it.
- Eventually, I just told her to get on with it.
- Abby screamed. And screamed. And didn't stop screaming.
- I think the cleaning took less than 5 minutes. Then it was time for the dentist.
- During the time that we waited, Abby just sobbed and shook. There was nothing that I could do to calm her down.
- The dentist (who is super nice) again tried to win over Abby. Again didn't happen.
- She poked around in her mouth looking for cavities. Meanwhile, the receptionist came back there to try and help hold Abby. It took three of us to control that wild child.
- When it was over, Abby wouldn't even take a prize. She was too tired and distraught.
- When we walked back to the front, I thought people were going to stand and clap. The entire office (and possibly the office next door) just had to see who this set of lungs belonged to. That's my gal.
- Abby didn't have any cavities. We did find out that she will need to have a small surgery in a few years. Her lip and her gums in the front are connected. The dentist said that it is quick surgery with just gas. They will snip it when she is about 4 or 5.
- Unfortunately, I googled this. It is called frenectomy. Don't google it.
- I am not worried about it now as we have a few years to think about it. Since she won't let me near her mouth (especially after today), I will have to look at it closer before I make a decision.
We went to my parents for dinner tonight. I had some errands to run, so I left Abby with my parents. Last weekend, my dad sent her home with all of the clothes that she had there. My mom still has some dresses that my Mimi made me. Since she gave her a bath, she put her in one of the dresses.
I didn't have my camera at their house, but I tried to get some pictures when we got home. And yes, she had on her socks and shoes.
Here is at least the back of the dress with the bloomers - so sweet!
Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Trying to take a similar picture beside a dinosaur. Abby was so not having it.
Anybody been to Mule Day? I am thinking about heading that way this Sunday (b-day party on Saturday).
Friday, March 25, 2011
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!
Some other things that Abby is doing now.
Colors: She knows purple, red, pink, blue, green, white, black, and of course her favorite, yellow (pronounced lellow).
We still talk to Baby Jesus every night. She puts her hands in a prayer and says all the names that she knows. I used to do it and she would repeat it, but now she does it on her own.
A few nights ago, she woke up about an hour after she went down. She wanted me to rock her and as soon as I sat down, she cupped my hands and said, Baby Jesus. She is just too sweet for words.
I cleaned my car out last weekend. Apparently I didn't put the car seat back in right. I forgot to attach the top part to the back of the SUV. Due to erratic drivers in Smyrna, I had to make a hard right into my apartment complex.
Monday, March 21, 2011
This was her reaction to getting a pink cup instead of a yellow one. Devastation.
I just finished this book.
I don't read the Pioneer Woman's blog, but this book was so good! She has a great sense of humor and it is such a sweet love story. I highly recommend it.
I need new books. I ordered a few on the Nook, but they aren't released yet!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Saturday, we went to lunch with Bella and Michelle. After, we walked 4 miles on the Greenway. Talk about exhausting. Abby (who didn't walk) wanted to work out after.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
But really, have you ever seen a sadder face than this?
Lately, Abby has started talking more and more. And more and more.
She constantly asks if we can go see people. Nena, Poppa, Gammy, Riley, Bella.
I started off just telling her that no, we had to go home.
But she is persistent.
Now, I just have to tell her that they are sleeping. I don't know why it works, but it does.
She just says, "Nena, sleeping, Shhhh". And then drops it.
My sweet little baby.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
I do want to point out these adorable new pj's. All of Abby's pj's are the long sleeved flannel ones. Her "summer" ones are all 18 month. They still fit, but I wanted to get her new ones. These are so freaking cute and fall right below the knees.
She started to get a little upset when I wouldn't stop taking pictures.
Eventually we did slide around in the house for a bit. She is still not feeling so great, so we didn't get to play long.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Abby.....not so much. She did manage to wave at the mouse twice.
On to sweet Ms. Bella's birthday. She is 6! I really can't believe it. Her favorite place to eat is Toot's, so we met there after work tonight.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Sorry for no update on the teaser. I am still waiting on pictures to do a post about it.
There is nothing in the world that makes me smile more than seeing a group of military members on a plane ride home (hint, hint)!
Tonight we had leftover spaghetti. Abby was a hot mess with it in her hair, on her nose, all over. I tried to take a picture, but she screamed bloody murder and told me "NO CAMERAS".
I video taped her screaming "No" as it was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen. Hopefully, I can get that uploaded on here.
Click her for an update on Julie and Mike. Keep the prayers coming as they start new treatments tomorrow. But they did have a special visitor today!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Eating spaghetti tonight.
I am not even sure how I convinced her to wear a bib (it has been months and months since she wore one). But it was a good call and she made a huge mess.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Why I Stayed by Gayle Haggard
About 5ish years ago, there was a preacher in Colorado that was accused of homosexual indiscretion. This is his and his wife's story. This is the most amazing story that I have ever read of forgiveness. Her story about their fall from the church and how they recovered from it is remarkable. Although it is a religious book, it is a great story as well.
Secrets of a Shoe Addict by Beth Harbison
I am always looking for a new chick-lit author and I think I found it! It was silly and just a fun read. I am really looking forward to more of her books.
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
This is by far my favorite author. I have been waiting for her new book forever. She covers controversial topics mixed with courtroom stories. This new one is about gay rights. I am about 20 pages in and so excited!
(Also, my first major Nook purchase - $14.99 eek!)
Any suggestions for my next reading??
I personally want to thank everyone that has contacted me with their well wishes for Julie. I know that it means alot to her and I have passed along everything that has been said to me.
If you are interested in sending a card to them, she has posted her address on her blog. They are staying strong and just taking it one day at a time.
A quick teaser......I have some GREAT news that I can share in a few days (I am NOT pregnant....no, NOT at all). But I am excited about something that I can share that is near and dear to my heart.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
But she didn't catch on right away to use the spoon. She kept trying to pick up the cubes and put them in the spoon and then move them.
Eventually, I got her a bigger bowl and it worked for her.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Then it was on to the bowling!
She REALLY hit her stride when she went all the way down to where the pins were.