Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sleeping

Abby is on a 2 day stretch of no naps. On the weekend, this can be standard at least one of the days. But never 2 days in a row.
It is taking a toll on our nights.
She gets to my work about 5ish and her favorite thing to do is hang papers in my cube with thumbtacks. This has earned me the title of "Best Mom Ever" for letting my child play with thumbtacks. Knock on wood, she hasn't pricked herself.
Ride home - fine.
Once we get home, it is on.
Last night Stu was here, so he was able to help. But she did get "swatted" for throwing pearls in my face. She hid in the closet for about 10 minutes. Tonight it was a time out for throwing food.
Bath time is a struggle. Tonight she refused to get it in the tub. I feel that she needs a bath every night. Maybe that is strange, but I do think that. There are a few rare occasions that she doesn't get a bath, but it is pretty rare.
In the middle of her tantrum, she screamed, "I want my paci".
Yes, I gave in.


But really, have you ever seen a sadder face than this?

***************

Lately, Abby has started talking more and more. And more and more.

She constantly asks if we can go see people. Nena, Poppa, Gammy, Riley, Bella.

I started off just telling her that no, we had to go home.

But she is persistent.

Now, I just have to tell her that they are sleeping. I don't know why it works, but it does.

She just says, "Nena, sleeping, Shhhh". And then drops it.

My sweet little baby.

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Poor little girl!!

Katie said...

Ann just wait.....you excuses will get worse! I used to tell Madelynn on a regular basis that Chuck E Cheese was closed so she would stop asking everyday to go there. Terrible I know!

Anonymous said...

Lose the paci!

Nana