Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What Momma's Reading

I don't think that I have done a post on what I am reading lately, but I just finished an awesome book.....so I wanted to share.


Why I Stayed by Gayle Haggard

About 5ish years ago, there was a preacher in Colorado that was accused of homosexual indiscretion. This is his and his wife's story. This is the most amazing story that I have ever read of forgiveness. Her story about their fall from the church and how they recovered from it is remarkable. Although it is a religious book, it is a great story as well.


The Secret
I read about 2 pages of this and was bored. I thought it was some phenomenal story that is on all of the Best Sellers lists. I am not sure what it was that I hated, but I just couldn't read it.

Secrets of a Shoe Addict by Beth Harbison

I am always looking for a new chick-lit author and I think I found it! It was silly and just a fun read. I am really looking forward to more of her books.



Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

This is by far my favorite author. I have been waiting for her new book forever. She covers controversial topics mixed with courtroom stories. This new one is about gay rights. I am about 20 pages in and so excited!

(Also, my first major Nook purchase - $14.99 eek!)

*************

Any suggestions for my next reading??

*************

I personally want to thank everyone that has contacted me with their well wishes for Julie. I know that it means alot to her and I have passed along everything that has been said to me.

If you are interested in sending a card to them, she has posted her address on her blog. They are staying strong and just taking it one day at a time.

**************

A quick teaser......I have some GREAT news that I can share in a few days (I am NOT pregnant....no, NOT at all). But I am excited about something that I can share that is near and dear to my heart.

No comments: