This one was definitely in the running!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
You can't really see it on this picture, but she is making the funniest face. Like "What have I gotten myself into??"
Once we got home that night, we pulled out the Christmas decorations.
Abby is IN LOVE with the silver beads that I have. They normally go around the tree, but I am thinking that will end in disaster. So, for now, she is wearing them.
Friday, November 26, 2010
Oh, I barely remember that sweet baby!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Abby might be more interested in the camera.
Check out all the ducks!
Judging by her mouth, I'm thinking that she ate them.
We had people all over the restaurant staring and pointing at this little gal eating a salad. So now, we make her one as well and she loves to eat only that!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I'm Loving the new song "Time of my Life" by Blackeyed Peas. Abby loves singing along to it as well.
I'm Loving this little gal. My Mimi is in town so we went over there tonight for dinner. Abby had such a good time that we let her spend the night.
Monday, November 22, 2010
I really have no new pictures, but I really want to point out some things that Abby is up to. Since I am pretty much not posting monthly updates, here are some updates:
- Abby has learned how to say "Please" in sign language (pretty sure that was Gammy).
- She is becoming such a snuggler. I just have to say, "Want to read a book?" and she in my lap in a second.
- Colors on EVERYTHING. Pretty sure I owe the library $22.95 because of that.
- Loves to dance. Any kind of tune comes on and she is ready!
- Normally, our walks are Abby in the stroller and Abby on the leash. This past weekend, she decided No more stroller. And she has to have the leash. Next time (hopefully tomorrow), Ill try and get a picture. Our dog sniffs like a crazy dog and when Ali stops to sniff, Abby has to investigate as well. Sometimes, this is not a good thing.
- I am trying to teach her about the potty. I plan on getting our mini potty out this weekend and introducing it.
- We were reading a book tonight and there was a picture of a duck with yellow footprints under it. Abby said, "Pee Pee". I tried to explain that it was just a shadow, but she insisted it was more.
- Never have I met a more curious person. She wants to know what e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. is.
- If you get our Christmas card, you will see that she doesn't smile on command.
- We taught her what her belly is. Now, when I am changing in front of her, she screams "Belly, Belly, Belly". Really great on my self-esteem ;)
- People constantly tell me how good she is. In public, she is a perfect angel.
- At home, it is a different story.
- Time-outs have moved from just the crib to wherever she is sitting. And they have been pretty frequent lately. Girl just cannot stop throwing and hitting!
- The eating has become such a challenge. I really worry that she doesn't get enough nutrition, but I guess it is just a phase.
- She is STILL obsessed with tampons. On the weekends, when she is in the bathroom with me, she screams for them. Tonight, she took matters into her own hands and made a stepping stool out of toilet paper to get to them. She brought them to me one by one.
- I am just amazed at how smart she is. No matter what book she is reading, she can pick out a ball, balloons, dog, cat, owl, frog, horse, moon, stars, airplanes, just to name a few.
- Tonight I taught her that skunks are "Ew, Ew!" When we went back to the book, she remembered and said "Ew, Ew!" and waved her hand like it was stinky.
- Any time we bring her dinner, she puts her hand over it and says "Too Hot" in the most serious face I can imagine. We try to tell her it is not hot, doesn't matter.
- When she eats something good, she rolls her eyes back and says 'Mmmmm".
- Abby loves to climb on a box that we have by the porch door. She loves to flick the light switch (to the outside light) on and off. But when it is time to get off the box, she screams for us to help her. It is really only about 4 inches, but I guess to her it is a mile.
- When we dress Abby, we normally start with the pants. Then when it is time for the shirt, she holds her legs up again. Silly girl, shirt comes next.
Those are just a few of the things that I can think of. But I do know we are loving this little gal more and more every day!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Today, we went to church and then came home, opened the windows and cleaned the heck out of the apartment. Well, I did. Stu watched football!
But I loved it and my bleach soaked hands are just happy the apartment is clean!
Abby really loves to help with the laundry. She will throw all the pieces in the laundry, so I barely have to do anything!
We got our Christmas pictures back (Thanks again, Lindsay!). There are too many to choose from. And I am having such a hard time picking a card and which pictures to use. Ugh!
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I am not kidding when I tell you that I almost ran off the road this morning when I heard on the radio. I might (might) have even shed a tear.
Too say that I am excited about this is an understatement.
This will be a wedding that will be talked about for years.
I meant to add this in last night's ramblings about the American Doll and Abby reading it.
I couldn't find the exact picture, but there is one of this little doll in her pj's. In the catalog, she is getting ready for bed and rubbing her eyes.
Abby thinks this is the saddest thing she has ever seen. She looks at me with the most pitiful face and says, "Oh No Mommy" in her super sad voice. I tried explaining to her that she is sleepy not crying, but I am pretty sure she doesn't believe me.
I really thought I would be able to write about my new cell phone, but it didn't arrive today. Just another day of talking on speaker phone. Maybe it will be here tomorrow.
Monday, November 15, 2010
As you can see, she was quite bundled up!
After the bath, I put Abby in her pj's and walked in the kitchen.
She has on two necklaces and her boots on the wrong feet.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
She went down the slides by herself (with Daddy standing protection behind her).