Thursday, March 31, 2011

Late Last Night

Yesterday was an exhausting day. No real reason, I was just tired.


So, I decided to go to bed early. Also, not having cable is really quite boring.


(Although, I did get to watch the Teen Mom Finale on the computer....love it!!)


About 11:45, I woke up to the sound of Abby coughing in the bed. She just kept "coughing" and didn't stop. I heard Stu go in there and say "Oh Abby Honey".


Of course, I jumped right up out of bed and ran in there.


Poor baby was vomiting EVERYWHERE.


All over herself, the bed, her Pillow Pal, even outside of the bed.


We sat her up in the bed and I just held onto her while she continued to throw up in a towel.


Seeing that sweet, tiny body heaving is an image that will haunt me. She just had the most pitiful look on her face. Like she was so sorry that she was throwing up.


When she finally stopped, I took her in the bathroom to give her a bath. That lower lip just started trembling. I ended up just wiping her off with a washcloth.


Stu changed all the sheets and I changed her pajamas.


Our child that never stops talking just stared at us in shock. Big brown eyes wide open with an extremely sad look on her face.


As I have said before, I am so grateful for a healthy baby. I really can't begin to imagine a child that is sick frequently. I thank God every day for her.


**************


She woke up fine today and played as normal. I guess it was just a quick stomach bug.


Hoping that she doesn't have a repeat tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless her little heart. I'm so glad she is feeling back to her old self today. We are truly blessed to have healthy children!

gammy said...

oh poor little sweetheart. so glad Stuart heard her. That is so pitiful. glad she is all better now.