Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just my thoughts...

No pictures of Abby today, sorry!



She did have a great day at day care, I went to pick her up and she was "last baby standing". That is what I call her when she is the last baby in there. I always just peek in the door to see what she is doing. Last time, she was sitting in the day care worker's lap playing with a doll. She was just rubbing the baby's head. It really made me realize how good of a sister she is going to be (YEARS from now). Today, she was all the way across the room, but she saw me and started her frantic crawl across the room as fast as she could go.



Speaking of other babies, when I was a little girl, I wanted 4 (yes 4!!) kids. Not sure where that magic number came from, but I have decided that realistically that 2 (maybe 3) is more feasible. Although, my mom is a twin, so I'm kinda hoping for twins next time. When Abby was first born, I would have sworn to anyone that listened, I was having NO more kids, much less two at a time. But once they get 6 months, it is like the light at the end of the tunnel is realized. She has been an angel ever since. (Just so you know, I will NEVER tell my birth story on here, I was TRAUMATIZED).



On to twins, so if my mom is a twin, and my brother and I are not, that means she did not have twins (and neither did her sister). But it is shocking the number of people that I tell that my mom is a twin say "Well it skips a generation". I know, genius, it skipped my mom having them. So that means me, my brother (sorry, Jess), or my two cousins might carry the gene.



Sorry for all of the baby talks, but I just found out that a good friend of mine is expecting. So that makes about 6 people that I know. My friend Maria (who is due in a few weeks with Damion), Ashley (who found out Monday that she was having a boy), Traci (who I really want to have a girl), and a few other anonymous people that arent ready to share yet. I also have some friends trying, and I hope that it works out for them. But of course that puts the baby fever in me (sorry, Stu - he doesn't read this, so don't mention it, lol).



I also wanted to share this blog. These are friend's of Julie's. I don't read their blog, but the husband "broke" into the account and wrote a love letter to his wife. Very sweet.



Stu and I's 4 year anniversary is coming up Thursday and I will write all about how we met and what we have been through (3 deployments!). I hope you look forward to reading it as much as I look forward to writing it.



We watched The Ugly Truth tonight. Not the best movie, kinda cute. But I love Katherine Heigl. There was one scene towards the end where they are in a balloon and it just showed Katherine's blond hair and brown eyes. All that I could think of was Abby - she has the darkest brown eyes. A lady on the last plane ride actually pointed it out to me (amazing how you can see a person every day and not really notice their eyes). And for now, blond hair (as I had as a child). Not sure that she will turn out as beautiful as that actress, but of course to me she will be ten times better.

Ok, enough with the rambling.....


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I secretly wished for twins when I was preggers with B too! Seeing that bond would be sooo cool! Can't wait to read your anniversary post

Wiz said...

Oh you need to tell the birth story!! I never told mine but have thought about telling it closer to Colt's birthday. I love reading labor and delivery stories.

Happy Veteren's Day to you husband!

gammy said...

well that was great. I love readying your blog. It comes from your heart and I can see you just typing away so easlily. anyway
Happy 4th Anniversary. I am so proud... love you so much