Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Shoes!

*****Let me just say that I am on Stu's computer and I HATE IT. It will not let me move pictures up and down the blog. It has a wireless mouse. I am in the bedroom watching Extreme Home Makeover and for some reason the cursor mouse thing started going CRAZY. Figured out that that fool was in the living room moving it. I swear. He is like a child. Unplugged the mouse thing....and now I can properly share pictures - although not in the order that I wanted!!!!*****




Here is Stu watching football. Although if I want to watch, say, Extreme Home makeover, I have to go in the bedroom???



I have been trying to find new foods to give Abby that are healthy. We are bad about having well rounded meals with veggies and fruits. But I bought a ton of grapes today and cut them up for her. She LOVED them. I think that I fed her so many bananas, she is over them, so I'm glad that I found a new fruit for her.

Per request (ahem...Justine), here is the full shot of the Christmas tree with all of the ornaments. The reason that it was not showed earlier (and thanks for calling me out) is because I didn't buy enough lights so only the bottom 2/3 of the tree was lit. But I fixed the problem, found all of my ornaments, and it is set. (but it does look a little crooked in this picture)

I will say that after her nightly bottle, Abby sat quietly in my lap. I thought she was enjoying the lights of the Christmas tree, basking in the spirit of Christmas. No. She thought the nutcracker on the entertainment center was the neatest thing she had ever seen.


Chex Mix Time!! Every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I make BATCHES of Chex Mix. I cannot get enough of the stuff and it has honestly replaced meals for me. It is just the standard recipe with a few substitutes. But oh so delicious!




Abby used the boxes that I will use to wrap presents to "skate" in the kitchen.



She also helped me pull out all of the ornaments (told you this stupid post was out of order...urgh!!)



Helping Mommy pull out EVERYTHING.



Finally....the new shoes (betcha thought I forgot about the title).



Aren't they adorable???
**************************************
Some of my thoughts......
  • When you are in the grocery store and you see a crazed lady with a screaming baby coming down the aisle, please do not leave your cart in the middle while you walk off to shop. She WILL shove your cart 10 feet away and probably throw things in your cart that you don't need.
  • If it is November (almost December), don't take your baby to the store in a onesie. It may seem nice outside, but your baby needs to wear more than a freaking onesie.
  • If your child smacks another person, don't say sorry, but then nothing to your kid. True story - I was in the grocery store today (in case you couldn't tell) and I felt someone SMACK me in the middle of my back. My first instinct was a friend that hit me too hard. So I whipped around and it was a five year old in the cart. He HIT me. Mom muttered sorry, but nothing to the little !@#$% (insert your own word here). I also heard her remark to another woman a few aisles over that her kid wouldn't stop hitting strangers. Really??? Buck up Momma and lay down the law.
  • I do hate people that want to judge how others kids behave and say "my kid would never do that", but on some level I have to think that I would NOT allow my child to hit another person without severe punishment. Or throw a tantrum in a public place. I might be eating my words in a few years, but I doubt it.




6 comments:

gammy said...

what a character that Stuart. I can see him doing that with the mouse.. LOL... And sleeping while football, but if you lower it or change the channel he'd ask you why you did that.. love the tree and how Abby helped. her shoes are adorable, but everything about her is adorable. trying to decide on a gift. still thinking.... love you

Unknown said...

Honestly, dont stress it!! I really think that the wrapping paper will do it for her...and I bought her wrapping paper for $1 at Target.


Love you and I hope you send me ideas for the boys....

Justine said...

looove the tree! Good work! =)

If I were you, I would of had a few words with the Mother. Thats just not cool! Some people!

Wiz said...

The mother will pay later. It kills me when people won't discipline their kids and then they shake their head like they have no clue why their kid is acting that way! Colt will probably end up hating us bc we certainly won't put up with that! I was at Target and this little boy grabbed some sort of candy and his mom said "No, put that back." The little boy never said anything and just put it back without a fuss. The mom looked at me and said "You probably think I am a bad mom." I was like "Um, no I think you are a great mom!" Her little boy knew that a tantrum wouldn't work!

Email me at Heather.Wisniowski@gmail.com with your address. I will add you to my xmas card distribution :)

Jess said...

Try being a kindergarten teacher and putting up with these parents. Those precious little angels never do anything wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love my little friends, but the parents....notsomuch.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He HIT you!! That Momma would have been getting one "dirty" look if she EVER saw one!

People these days..... self image, yatta, yatta, yatta...... LOVE starts from the inside, out... that goes for yourself as well as for loving others. Good people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.