Monday, November 23, 2009

Marine Corp Ball 2006

Tonight is the night of the Marine Corp Ball. Since I am not going, I thought I could at least re-cap the last time that I did go. 2006!
Stuart did go with his friends tonight and took the camera, so hopefully I will get pictures from that!
Here we are in all of our glory 3 years ago.

The girls that went.
The crazy part is that only one of these "girls" is still around. The tall babe in the back, Megan, is married and living in Cali with her hubby.

Me and Stu, Jared and Melissa (getting married June '10), John and Wendy (married, living in VA - he just got back from Afghanistan last week - Praise!)


Mario and Liz (married, with an adorable little boy in Cali), Me and Stu, and Melissa and Jared.
Although I have only been to two Balls, this one totally rocked! The first one, I didn't know anyone, but this one EVERYONE was there. There is nothing like bonding in your ball gown.
I do have a funny story about this night. We went back to the hotel and hung out with everyone, then a few of us went to a club downtown. On the way back, Stu decided that Waffle House sounded delicious. I was excited, but really wanted to go back to the hotel so he decided to drop me off, then go get it to-go. Well.....apparently I was more "tired" than I thought. He came back to the hotel and I wouldn't answer the door or the phone. He had to go get a 90 year old security guard to let him in the room. I am a deep sleeper! I just remember waking up and seeing hash browns about 10 inches from my face. My first thought was "uh oh". We still laugh about it (well I do).

You may be wondering why I didn't go, but we just made the decision that it would cost too much money (the dress, the hair, the nails, the hotel, etc.), plus finding someone to take care of Abby would be a pain. Plus I have court in the morning for my speeding ticket. To be quite honest, it is nice to sit here and watch WHAT I WANT for once!
*************************************************
For the 2005 Ball, it is a continuation of our lives starting. The 2005 ball was the weekend before our wedding. I flew to VA with my ball gown, suit for an interview, all in my luggage. This was the first time(but not the last if you have read before) that my luggage was lost. I had a late flight on Friday night, needless to say I was balling my eyes out over my lost luggage. I had the Ball the next night, an interview in about 14 hours, I was falling apart.
The poor guy on the phone must have sorry for me, because my luggage was delivered at 3 AM that night to my hotel. Enjoyed the ball, didn't have to wear my pj's to the interview!
Then on Sunday, I flew home. That following Friday, Stuart flew in (see previous post about our wedding). We were married, then drove back to VA on Tuesday to live.
Very busy time in my life, but I learned that I can survive alot more than I thought I could.


1 comment:

gammy said...

wow he is so handsome. thanks for sharing those. Abby is getting so big right in front of my eyes. a two fisted eater and loves green beans and water like her mom..