Saturday, November 7, 2009

The BIG one!

The Big Blog that is! Not only is our baby 10 months old (!!!), but this is my 200th post! Wow, hard to believe that I have written 200 posts (some better than others). I started this blog after we announced that we were expecting. After Abby was born, it pretty much turned into her blog. But that is just fine, since she is our life now. So this is probably my longest post with TONS of pictures thrown in there....Enjoy!
Abby weighs about 19 pounds if I had to guess. Probably 28 inches long. Small for her age, but just a petite little girl. Crawling EVERYWHERE. Although I have to keep an eye on her, it is nice that she can just follow me from room to room and I don't have to carry her.
Into EVERYTHING. Nothing is safe, nothing.
Thinks her daddy hung the moon. He has started "chasing" her around the house. He crawls after her. She crawls away as fast as she can, then turns around to make sure he is following her. She laughs hysterically about it, to the point that she always gets caught!
I hear myself saying "no" alot to her (like when she touches the garbage can). But in a matter of a few weeks, I think she gets it. She still tests me, but for the most part will put something down after I say No a few times.
No chance of this little gal not liking water. Bath time is definitely the highlight of her day. We started filling the water when she is sitting in the tub (as opposed to having it already ready). She puts her hand under the water the whole time, makes it much easier to wash her off too.
I picked her up from daycare on Friday. The lady asked me when she would turn one ("Never" is what I wanted to say), I told her in January. She said that she thought she was older than that because of how "mature" she was. Not quite sure how mature a ten month old is, but she said that she is very independent and very talented at mimicking people. We might just have a genius on our hands (just kidding, I'm not THAT mom).




I had a lady today say "Wow, she has so much hair!" Lady, if you only knew where she came from!! But she does have tons of fine hair, it still cracks me up that it hangs over her ears.
Favorite food is bread. Any type. Any kind. Just give the girl the carbs.



We went out to eat with my family at Demos (one of the reasons we are moving back to TN!) when we were visiting. Now, if you know Demos, you know the bread. Abby was shoveling it so fast in her mouth that people at other tables were pointing and staring. I thought Mimi was going to pass out she was laughing so hard. Don't get between Abby and Demos bread (same goes for Momma).
Today was the first day of tights. I think she was fine with the tights, but the shoes were another thing. She was absolutely enthralled with them. And I went back to get the tan boots, they were out! I knew that I should have gotten them last time.
I could stare at her all day long (and do sometimes). She makes the best facial expressions. For some reason this one makes me think "spy". She looks like she is on a highly covert mission and checking her back. Right after I took this picture, she did the splits. Apparently the shoes are a little slick on the bottom.
This is her "I'm trying to smile for the camera, but Mom has taken 100 pictures". It is her fake smile. Or maybe, get these friggin shoes off of me.
On Saturday and Sunday mornings, Stuart and I lay in bed and listen to her sing in her crib. She never cries when she wakes up. She just babbles and sings and bangs on the side of her crib. Sometimes we hear the mobile go off, which means that she is standing up, pulling on it. It is the sweetest sound in the world.
OK, I should not go to Old Navy. They had their outerwear on sale today 50% off. I got this red pea coat for $18! Yes, it looks humongous - it is 12-18 months. I'm debating returning it for a smaller size, not sure just yet.
The more that she was moving around though, it didn't seem as big. I could go get her one in a different color in a smaller size and keep both of them! Please, please, please let us only have girls - I love dressing her. Doesn't she look like a grown up (and yes that is the shoes in her hands)?? Don't grow up!!!! I hate pictures of myself (and yes, this was the BEST one out of five - how sad is that?). But here is me and Stu at Meg's party last night. He is so serious!

Justine, Meg and I. When did I get so short??

Knispel is back!! The guy on the left is one of Stu's best friends that has been in 29 Palms for the past 6 months. We were so happy that he is back. He couldn't believe how big Abby was. Knispel is one of our friends from VA as well, best guy in the world. One of those guys that you could call anytime, anywhere and he would help you (I think that is a country song). Happy Birthday Meg!! Here she is with all of the guys. And yes, that is Stuart in the beanie. I guess bald heads get cold! Also note Indiana Jones in the fedora.

2 comments:

Justine said...

loove the 200th blog!!! Can you believe Abby is going to be 1 year old in TWO months?? Thats bananas!!!! Just read the story of the 11 year old! How does she even know what sex is!! Its a crazy world we live in!!!

gammy said...

that was great. love her tights and shoes. just too cute and that red pea coat. simply adorable. glad to see pics of mom and dad too. just too adorable