Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nap Time Explained

Is there truly anything more beautiful than a sleeping baby?
Stuart painted our spare bathroom today (more on that later), so Abby and I hung out in Stu and my's bedroom all afternoon.
Let me just tell you that Abby is an anti-cosleeper. She absolutely will not sleep with us. This is usually a great thing, except for days like today when she needed to nap in the bed with me.
After screaming for 30 minutes, she finally started the "nap time process". She is usually so incredibly quiet that we think she is sleeping. Not so.
Once she decided that she was going to go to sleep, for the next 30 (!!!) minutes, she played with her hands. I am not kidding. She pulled each and every one of her fingers about 10 times each. Then moved on to her arms and rubbed them down for another 10 minutes. I think she forgot that I was laying right beside her, because she just kept rubbing her fingers and arms without making a sound. I just watched her, fascinated by this ritual.
After the nap, she found the floor length mirror and the little girl that lives in it. They talked for awhile. Then sang songs together.
Not a good picture of Abby, but I wanted to get a picture of the way that she destroyed our room.

**********************

So, in watching "Sell That House" 4 times on Saturday morning, I decided that we needed to paint our extra bathroom. When we first moved into the house it was BRIGHT yellow. I actually liked the yellow, but wanted to tone it down. So I painted it a SLIGHTLY TONED DOWN BRIGHT yellow.



Here is Stu painting it a neutral white.

I think it looks much better. We have a great mirror that we got at Kirklands on clearance. Hopefully the people that buy the house will appreciate it!


1 comment:

Justine said...

The bathroom looks good!!! I hope this helps you sell your house (even though I didnt think the yellow was all that bad) =)

Miss ya!