Friday, January 15, 2010

Curling Up with a Good Book

I am a HUGE nerd when it comes to books. I could read a book a day and be happy. I visit my local library, one of three, every Saturday. I could get lost in Barnes and Nobles for hours on end (and would if not for my impatient daughter).
Ever so often, I get a pile of books that I am stoked about! I went to the library today since I had some time to kill after work before dinner. Got some great finds!




I really, really like Sue Grafton. She writes about a detective named Kinsey in all of her books. I would not recommend reading them A to Z as you will get bored, but every once in awhile, I will pick one up and always love it.
Her newest is "U for Undertow". I am about 1/3 through it and loving it.



I will admit that I put a hold on this book. The library called today to say that it was in. I can't wait to read it. I am a celeb-aholic and love all celeb tell-alls. I already read both of Tori's book, so I can't wait to read Candy's Tell All. Especially from a woman that has a gift-wrapping ROOM in her house.


This was a very hyped-about book. Supposed to be life-changing.



If you haven't read "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, I suggest that you do. I really enjoyed it. This is her follow up about her getting over her skeptical version of marriage. I am not sure that I will love this one as much, but we will see.
A few of my favorite authors (for you, Justine):
Jodi Picoult - her books are very legal, but will make you rethink your life
John Grisham - again with the legal, but still great stories
Mary Higgins Clark - suspense
Carol Higgins Clark - Mary's daughter, an awesome suspense writer as well
Danielle Steel - one of the best writers of all time. Some people view her books as romance novels, but she has written some of the best books I have ever read
Nora Roberts - I have not read previous books, but she just started a four part series about wedding planners and I am hooked.
Does anyone have any other writers that I should know about?

3 comments:

Warf pary of 3 said...

jason and i both read The Shack. It is a GREAT book!! Very hard to read as a parent. You should read it 1st. have a good weekend

SueB said...

Emily Griffin is a fairly new author and has written three books (all fiction) based on relationships/friendships. Since you like Danielle Steele (as I do), I think you might enjoy her books. If you would like the titles, just let me know. Take care!

Wiz said...

I was going to suggest Emily Giffin. Her "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue" books are so great! I read them in like a week. They are easy reads and you won't want to put them down. I have also read "Baby Proof" and plan to read her newest book too. I dont have as much time to read nowadays but am almost through with the Twilight series which I think definitely lived up to its hype