Monday, January 18, 2010

The Globes:Hit and Miss

The Golden Globes, Grammys, Emmys and (of course) the Oscars are my Super Bowl. I start watching around 2 that day to hear all about the fashion predictions, then watch all of the red carpet, then the after show breakdown of the dresses. I love it. I rarely even watch the awards shows, I just love the red carpets!
So since I have nothing else to talk about (well other than my big news at the bottom!!), here is what I think.

The HITS:

If I hear one more person compare Jennifer and Angelina, I will go crazy! There is no comparing Jennifer and her rockin' bod to anyone. She was my number one pick for the night. Only she gets away with this slit dress...
I am also lovin' this little southern belle. She pulled off a great look as well.

Heidi, let's be honest, could wear a brown paper bag and look great. She always pushes the envelope with her choices and this looks great on her! Four kids...no way!


Her arms make me want to hit the gym. Hard. I think she looks great.


Most critics didn't like the platform shoes, but I think she looks fantastic. Kinda like a modern wedding dress.


Kristen pulled the short dress off! Looks great paired with the necklace as well.

My favorite Penelope moment was her telling Ryan Seacrest, "I am not Puff Daddy, I hold my own umbrella". Way to stick it to him! She looks beautiful as always.


Modern Family's newest hit. Great first red carpet!

Nick said, "Jessica Who?"
The MISSES:



Ugh. Just Ugh.


If Drew took those fluffy thing-a-magigs of her shoulder and hip, this dress might have made it.


Did the dress code say "ruffles"?


Julia, Julia, Julia. It is the Globes, put your best foot forward. I hope you redeem yourself later.


Probably the worse dress. I almost left it off as it doesn't even deserve a comment.

Try not to pick a dress that is your skin color.


I thought puppies weren't allowed on the red carpet. Maybe she is still drunk....


Stuart has a not-so-secret crush on Tina Fey. I don't even know where that came from. Maybe I could show this picture to him to cure that.
*********************
So....hopefully she blogs it, but Julie and Mike are having a GIRL!!!
I am over the moon about it and have already bought her three outfits.



3 comments:

gammy said...

steve and I just looked at all the dresses. well honestly, steve was looking at them first and was commenting on them, so i looked too. I couldn't believe he was even on that sight. I was laughing on the inside, but it was kinda nice to check it with him... lol then he was checking out past yrs hair do's and don'ts lol

Anonymous said...

You seriously need to work for a magazine! Jenny A is my FAVORITE, ever!!!! And I will bunk with you in the crazy ward if another person compares her and Angie! Dear goodness... Jenn looks fantastic, not like a walking skeleton!

poohray said...

the red carpet is the best part.the pics was right on.those last pics u were so right ugly.tell abby an stuart we send r love have a good trip an drive safe,love u all aunt pam...