Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Abby is One!!!

I will try not to tear up throughout this blog as I share that my little bitty baby is One Year Old!
How was I just pregnant with her kicking the crap out of me in my belly and now she just kicks the crap out of me when changing her diaper.

OK, I will just share pictures and shut up about how old I am (even though I received the invite to my 10 year High School reunion today? - I can't even say how depressed that makes me)

Abby opening her present from her Mimi.

Mimi (who is in her eighties) crawling around like a champ helping Abby open her presents. I don't know if Mimi reads this blog, but she made me feel SOOO much better this week. She pulled out some old photos of me as a baby and guess what - Abby actually looks like me!!! As a baby at least. It almost brought me to tears, I think that she just looks so much like Stu, so it was reassuring to see that she might actually look like me a little, especially since I went through the 15 hours of labor!!!

If you live anywhere near Murfreesboro, I suggest that you take your little one to the Discovery Center. They have a 0-2 room which totally bored Abby, but they have a 2-5 room that she LOVED. This is the Home Depot room with tons of PVC pipe (I know there are some Ferg readers, so you know what I am talking about) and blocks to build.
This is the mail room. Pretty much she loved just taking the mail and throwing it on the floor, but still had fun.
Upstairs, it is a whole different ball game. Definitely for older children, so we will be back in 2-3 years. But she liked the building blocks. There was also a train, changing a tire, fishing, all kinds of good stuff.
Abby and I in the "old timey" car.

Abby and Nana in the fire engine.

**I just want to say that I have always referred to my mom as Nona for Abby. She decided that Nana was what she wanted as there was more "stuff" that had Nana on it. Like picture frames etc. Whatever. I might still work on Nona as I like that better.

So we bought Abby's "big girl" seat today. After MUCH research, I went with the seat that is rear facing until she is 40 pounds. Some people say that you can turn them around at 20 pounds and one year, but I made the decision to keep her rear facing for another year. Plus, (and I will be honest here), I really liked this pink and brown seat. I meant to post a picture of it, but it was dark when we got home, so this was the best that I could get.


Dad looks happy here, but let me just tell you.....there were some harsh words when installing this seat!

Dinner at Demos! Loving it.....and please check out the dinner mat. This is the second time that I have used it and I love it!!! It was 9.99 at BBB and 6.99 in shipping, but I bought 2 (one for Ms. Julie) and so worth it. I usually just feed her off the table and know that is not good, so this thing is great!!! If I ever order another, I will order about 5 as they are great presents for baby showers.



PLEASE dont touch the fire!!!


Group shot at Demos.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awwww happy birthday miss abby! we were at the discovery center yesterday! so am I gonna see you tomorrow?

Wiz said...

I am going to get one of those mats too! I saw it on Kelly's Korner too and it looks great! Glad to hear you like it too!

Warf pary of 3 said...

Happy birthday Abby!! I cant believe you are 1.
Landon has one of those mats, I bought at wal-mart for $9.99 and no shipping if they ship to the store and you go pick up. Heather this is the cheapest I found and free shipping. we love ours.

Justine said...

Looks like lots of fun in TN!! But I miss you guys here in Jville! Cant wait to see ya sunday!!!!

gammy said...

great pics as always ann. we had a good time at abby's dinner. she is so adorable.. I can't believe she is already 1.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy HAPPY Birthdayyyy!!! Yay!! Can NOT believe that she is already 1!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4[/url] DS OperaMod)