Sunday, January 3, 2010

Abby's First Birthday

Whoa....this is a photo OVERLOAD! I think I just spent twenty minutes uploading pictures alone.
Abby will be ONE YEAR OLD on Wednesday, but I hosted a party today with my girlfriends and their kids today at my parents.
Abby's beautiful birthday cake (we got it at Publix and it was oh so delicious).
"1st Birthday Princess" party balloon for our Princess.

Abby's "smush" cake (which came free with the other cake....thanks Publix).


This was a DVD of Abby in Wonderland. For those that don't know, Sesame Street has a character named Abby with pink pig tails that is just too cute. What a great present!



Abby opening another present. I swear she loved the wrapping more than anything.


Opening an Elmo phone.....is that bow not too cute???


A Glow Worm!!!

Opening a bag o' toys!
*Just a side note - if you go to a one year old party....bags with lots of tissues is the way to go!


About halfway into the present opening Abby discovered....Bella!!!!



For some reason, regardless of all of the presents, she decided that Bella was the best thing at the party!


Abby got in Bella's face and screamed as loud as she could. She definitely loves that beautiful girl! Bella (who is 4) was so great with her. And check out those styling fur boots (Bella called them fuzz boots).


Beautiful wrapping paper from Ms. Jess.

More tissue paper that she tried to hand to her BFF Bella.

Then Abby decided that Momma was most important. She crawled right up in my face and just wanted her Momma to hold her.


But I convinced her to look at Ms. Jess' "seventies outfit".
JD got her a wagon that has all the alphabet blocks in it. Needless to say, we are waiting to get home to open this one. I think Nana and Poppa have enough presents scattered all over their house.


Amber and Caden got her fridge toys.



On to the CAKE! I think this is the highlight of all First birthdays. It is highly overrated!


Abby was MAD! I gave her a piece of cheese to try and calm her down. But having her hands dirty was not what she wanted at this point.


We tried to make her like it.




She really (being the Princess that she is) wanted nothing to do with getting her hands dirty.


Finally, we got to the cake part of the cake and she was OK.


After she was changed and clean, she was OK (well, for about 10 minutes, then she had to take a nap).
**************************
We had such a great time and I love Amanda, Amber, Mel, Autumn, and Michelle for all coming to celebrate my baby's birthday. Thanks of course to my family (Da-Di, Poppa, Nana, JD and Jess) for all coming as well. Abby loved it as well and will appreciate this many people in her life soooo much as she grows older!!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm here! I'm overwhelmed. Need some help I think but I'll get the hang of it! SUPER EXCITED!

Anonymous said...

hd-wallpaper

zsua i / az 45