Sunday, January 10, 2010

(3 Day) Weekend Wrap Up

***************************
Abby's Day with Gammy

Abby spent the entire day of Friday hangin' with her Gammy and cousins.
She loved getting to play with her kitchen again. Because we had soooo many presents from Christmas and her birthday, we had to leave a few things in TN. This was one of them, but she definitely got to enjoy it (here with her cousin Evan) while she was there.

Please look at this adorable outfit that her Great-Aunt Carole sent her!

She is so overwhelmed with all of the "boy" toys here! (Check out the Spider man in the background)

Practicing her standing up.

"Oh Gammy, I am having so much fun!!!"


Here is a shot of Stu, his dad, Abby, Chris and Kevin with Evan in the front.
***********************
It's My Party and I will Cry if I Want to!!!!
We held Abby's third 1st Birthday today. How special is this little girl to get THREE birthday parties!?!?!?!

However, this day was not going as planned.

She sobbed uncontrollably before anyone got here.


But once the presents were opened, she was a little happier.



Abby got her very own laptop from Ms. Julie and Mr. Mike.


Justine and Steve got her her very first puzzle!


A sweet little book and a pullover!



Again with the cake! She wanted nothing to do with it.....only wanted the cheese. Maybe it is because Mommy had so many sweets when she was pregnant!


Later on that night, decided that the clothes that she got from Meg and Jerrid needed to be carried around the house.

Check out my new outfit!
**********************
Caution: Mess Ahead!!!
As soon as I decided to feed Abby's Ravioli tonight, I knew that it would not end well.


I was luckily smart enough to know to take her shirt off.

This was the end of the dinner! It took me forever to clean up!


**********************
I just want to also tell my story of last night. We got home about 11:00. I went to sleep at 11:30. Dead asleep.
About 2:15, I feel Stu patting me on the back, telling me to wake up. He proceeds to tell me that I need to get up as the power (i.e. heat) is off and I need to get up.
What for? I am not an electrician, what do you want me to do?
So, he gets mad and storms off.
About an hour later, he wakes me back up to tell me that Abby needs to get in the bed with us as the house is getting colder. Let me just tell you that this little gal has not slept in the bed with me since she was about 4 weeks old. She was HATING IT! She pretty much karate chopped me in the stomach, slapped me in the face, then fell and head butted the headboard causing extreme crying. The end of this co-sleeping was when I dozed off and woke up to her 1/2 inch from my face staring at me. She had her pacy in my mouth she was so close. It really freaked me out!
I bundled her up and put her back in the crib. She fell right to sleep.
About 5, I woke up when I heard the power cut back on. I went to the living room to cut on the emergency heat and it was 56 DEGREES! Checked on Abby, never even budged.
Lesson to Stu: Let a sleeping baby sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 Birthday Parties?!?! That's one lucky/loved little girl! Ashlynn has the same grey, pink, yellow, black dress! Love me some Target Baby clothes. AND, yes, let a sleeping baby sleep! For the love of goodness! :) But you have to admire the poor Daddy, he was just concerned for his baby girl! Good Daddy! :)

Wiz said...

Colt has that little laptop in blue. He absolutely loves it! Its how we got him to start crawling!!