Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Good Friends

It is with a heavy heart that I write that our good friends, Justine and Steve, are leaving us on Tuesday. Stu and I have known Steve for about five-ish years.
Throughout this time, I think he had girlfriends (although I never met one). But I remember many, many nights of hanging out that he would constantly call this one girl, Justine, at the end of the night. Me (being nosy and the only girl, so I was always up in their business) quizzed him on this girl that always seemed so constant. They were "just friends". I constantly told him, half joking, that he was going to marry that girl.
Well (because I am so smart), I was right!!! We actually had the privilege of going out to eat with them the night that he proposed!
Since then, I have had the pleasure of calling Justine one of my best friends!
We will miss you Justine and Steve!!!!



Auntie Justine, you can't leave me!!!
**************************
We had a going away party last night for them...here are some of the pictures.
Here are the guys after many threats, bribes and just plain yelling to get a picture.


Five minutes later....


Meg, Me and Justine! Don't I just look so tall compared to these gals??


They were nice enough to let me stand on the fireplace, so I was at least somewhat on their level.
*********************
I had someone ask me recently if we were thinking about having other kids (is this standard when your baby turns 1??). The answer is NO!! We definitely want more, but it is not in the stars for us right now.

Plus, I totally think that we are spoiled with this little angel. She has started just crawling off on her own and playing. I am hoping this is in part due to her going to day care.

I love spending time with her, but it is also nice that she is able to keep herself busy as well. Her newest "project" is to put all of her Lego's through the front door of the dollhouse. Then, she is shocked when they end up on the floor behind it. So, she starts the process over again. It is adorable!
*********************
If you have read my blog, you know that Abby LOVES to empty my wallet. I don't even want to think about the amount of cards that have disappeared.


Last night, she decided that ALL of these cards belonged in Daddy's shoes. She makes me laugh so hard at how methodical she is about it though. She will pick a certain one and put it in there. Like there is a reason that she picked that card.
*******************
As I mentioned at Christmas, we got a super-duper Oreck for Christmas. It has been a week, so I thought it was due time for me to try it out. That sucker is self-propelled...it almost took my arm off! It also comes with a detached part that you put on like a back pack and use. Quite nice when I cleaned out my car today (not going to mention the number of fries that were sucked up).
I decided to vacuum the couch as well. Somebody insisted on taking over..... I think he likes it more than me...

It made me laugh, especially because he got so mad that I took his picture!

4 comments:

Jess said...

HA! JD and I are losing it over the picture of Stuart with the hand-held! JD wanted me to say he thinks he looks "sissy". I just love how they get so involved in cleaning when it's a manly machine. I can't even come near that vacuum. And I told you it was self-propelled!

Unknown said...

I vaguely remember that it was self-propelling, but since I have never had a vacuum that was like that, I had no idea! It freaked me out!!!

This was actually the third time that Stu used it, he was too mad to let me take his pic before, but I finally got it!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Anthony will be fuming mad if I take his picture, cleaning anything. I can only imagine the words Stu must have had with you over that picture! Cracks me up!

gammy said...

well it is sad that steve and justine are gone. I know how much you guys enjoyed them and Abyy just loved them. I took a pic of steve one day mowing the yard, it was for stuart's 1st birthday. that's how many times he has mowed i can remember it. at least with stuart he continues to clean. I love it and I know you do to. I'll have to borrow him one day when you all move and he can clean mine.. lol