Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammy's: Hit and Miss

I was extremely disappointed in the Grammy dresses this year. Maybe I am just a more traditional type of girl (Oscars: March 7th, c.a.n.n.o.t wait!). But anyway, here are my thoughts!
****************
HITS:



This dress was BY FAR my favorite. It is simple, yet the top part has some edge to it. Carrie rocked it!
This is what the Grammy's is supposed to look like. Fergie, you go girl!


Another simple dress with a dash of style to the top. And she showed off her new engagement ring (to Dax Shepard)!


Don't even know who this is (Lea something?), but I LOVE her dress.
Once again, Heidi does no wrong.
******************
MISSES:

(Sorry, Jess)
I saw her getting out the car and my jaw DROPPED. We all knew that she was going to be over the top, so really this was expected. I just don't like people that try THIS HARD to be different. And shame on Armani. Oh and her mean face - what is that about?
If I didn't hate Miley with such an intense passion, I might give her dress an "OK". But I do hate the shoes. They might be IN, but for me they are OUT.



Did Nicole think this was the Oscars? Or maybe a funeral?


Top part matches her hair. Bottom half...is there a bottom half? Blends in to the background. I expected more from Pink.

I hate this dress. And Im pretty sure I saw some cleavage out the side of it. That is never attractive.

Why does she even get invited to awards shows? What does she do? The dress is more Globes attire, and she needed to do something with the hair.


I think I saw this one at Walmart last week.



Did it rain? And are you catching said invisible rain in the gutter on your neck?


Oh, Taylor. It is your big night. Couldn't you have at least put forth a little effort? So dull.


Yes, we all know you have a rocking, curvy body. If the shoulder pads/sleeves had been removed, this might have been one of my favorites.

Britney's comeback (from the beach apparently). Again, one of those that I expected more (hell, anything) from.
***************
As I am reading back through this, I realize that I contradict myself. GaGa gave too much, some of the others, not enough. There is a happy medium (see Fergie/Heidi). You don't pay your stylists the big bucks for nothing.
****************
Sorry if you already read this...I hope you see my addition at the bottom.
Abby is trying so hard to walk now. Her average is about 4-5 steps. Her record tonight was 8 (of course, Stu had left to go to the store, so he missed it all and doesn't believe me).




3 comments:

Jess said...

I'll admit that Brit's dress was a disaster. But, if GaGa showed up in what Carrie Underwood had on, no one would recognize her. It's what makes her who she is. And, honestly, I loved it. You gotta give her credit for her performance though. With Elton!! LOVES!

Unknown said...

I don't think GaGa would have been recognized no matter what she wears....no one knows what she REALLY looks like! I expected this, but I am too straight laced to accept this...LOL!

Wiz said...

These are funny. I think you are right on point! Btw, I never said anything to the director. I just dont want to be "that mom." I figure if they like me, they will be nicer to my son!