Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Floored Away

In keeping with the "Keep Husband Busy" plan, he decided to lay down a new kitchen floor. Now, I will say that we did the cheapest way possible. If we were staying in this house, I would never do this to my own floors, as I anticipate them peeling back up in 2-3 years. But it did make a world of difference.



Here is a halfway done shot. The one on the right is the new floor.

Abby marveling at how the floor just changes.

But at least she decided that she wanted to help.


Or just examine the tools.


Here is the new shot of our kitchen. No, it is NEVER this clean. We are sending these pictures to the agent to update our listing.
*************************

Abby and I had a very rough night. We were playing in the play room and she repeatedly struck me in the face with a toy. I said "No" about ten times. I even resorted to pulling her arm away. It didn't even phase her.
All I could think about was her being about 5 or 6 (maybe even younger) and being a total brat.
So I grabbed her up and put her in the crib for a timeout. I left the light on so that she would understand that I was not putting her to bed. She was in TROUBLE.
Man, did she howl. I left her in there for a minute. When I went to get her, the tears were flowing, the face was splotchy, snot was flying. It was sad.
We went back in the playroom and for about 5 minutes, she refused to even look at me, much less let me touch her. I was heartbroken.
But then she just wanted to crawl up in my lap and play with her stuffed bunny.
This time, I know that I made the right decision.

4 comments:

Justine said...

That floor looks so good!!! It makes the kitchen look so different!!!

gammy said...

floor looks really good. way to go mom with time out. you made it through it. i know it is hard, but sometimes it has to be done. and the best thing is Abby survived too. love you hi to all

Jess said...

I love Abby's little legs. She's gonna be one lucky gal when she gets older! I love to hear your stories about discipline. I can't imagine how hard it is, but know it's for the best. If you start her with that routine now you'll only be thankful you did when she is 5 or 6. Hopefully you'll get that house of yours sold before the summer so I can do some Abbysitting on my long vacation!

Jess said...

Also, where can I find some different backgrounds and layouts for my blog? Mine's kinda ehhhh...