Thursday, February 11, 2010

The World's Largest Toy Chest

Stu has been super sweet and decided that he was going to build Abby a toy chest. I was really excited about it and Abby went to day care today to give him the time to actually work on it.
Might I also note that Abby was SOOO excited to go to day care. She was silent on the walk up, I think she thought I was just messing with her. As soon as we got in the room, she leaped into the day care worker's arms (something that she doesn't even do to people that she knows). Not one tear. When I picked her up, she was sitting at the table eating Goldfish. She didn't want to leave, just wanted to share her fish with me.
*****************************
Anyways, back to my story. Stu bought the wood, all kinds of hinge-y things, paint. You name it, he bought it.


Here is what I envisioned:



Might I note that this toy chest is about a foot tall, foot deep.
***********************
Instead, I got this:
The World's Largest Toy Chest!!

How is Abby even supposed to get her toys out of it? Stu said that he will build her steps *Bless His Heart* but I kindly suggested that I would prefer that my daughter not fall head first into it and suffocate in her toys.

So I am pretty sure it is now for Stu's "toys" as in hunting gear. He is starting over on an age appropriate toy chest. That she can use. Bless His Heart.

********************


Abby's hat of the night


Da-Da's toboggan




2 comments:

gammy said...

love the toy box. he does try. can't wait to see the one ...

Anonymous said...

I just have to say, at least it was actually nailed together. Anthony forgets that hammers and nails actually exist. He puts things together with scotch tape, yep, even chairs! I wouldn't even let Anthony own a saw, much less attempt to use one! :)