Thursday, October 1, 2009

What an afternoon!

So what did I do on my birthday? Let me just break it down for you!

2:45 - missed call from Abby's day care

2:55 - call back...am told that they didn't call me...huh???

3:30 - receive another call from day care. Must go get Abby as she has a rash and her eye is getting worse

4:00 - Pick up Abby up from day care. She has so much gunk in her eyes that she can barely see out of them. Rash gone though.

4-4:30 - Argue with nurse that I WILL NOT go back to Urgent Care as I felt that our "care" was less than standard and NOT worth the 5 hour wait. Finally am told about another Urgent Care for pediatrics. Nurse very rudely tells me that I need to get there as soon as I can.

4:30-5:30 - Sit in traffic. For a small town, trying to get off base at 5:00 is a nightmare! Im sitting beside/behind/in front of 18 year old Marines blaring their music as loud as possible.

5:30-6 - Sit in waiting room with other parents staring at my child - the gunk eyed monster. yes, she is sick, that is why we are here.

6:00 - Doctor informs me that she has pink eye and is banned (yes, banned) from day care for five days.

6:15 - Stuart finally shows up (again with the traffic). Luckily offers to go to Walgreens for me so I can take Ms. Sick home.

6:45 - Am driving home, doing maybe 31 miles an hour down the street. There are children playing, I see them, Im not aiming for them....but Dad with the beer shakes it at me and yells for me to slow down. If Abby wasn't in the car, we would have one less neighbor.

7:30 - Bed time and eye drops. My poor baby!!!

Happy Birthday to me! But I want to thank the many, many people who emailed/texted me Happy Birthday...it brightened my day! And I got a cake at work....who knew that I loved cake??


Note - You may ask why they didnt remember me when I called back at 2:55??

Here was the conversation from my end:

Me: Hello, this is Ann Staples, Abigail's mom. I had a missed call from here, is Abby ok?
Day Care: Let me check. *hold* No, we didnt call you.
Me: Uh, ok.

Here was the conversation on their end:

Front Desk to Infant Room: Did you make a phone call to Staples?
Infant Room: No, didnt call Staples.
Front Desk: No ma'am, no one called you.

Uh.....Staples is not always an office supply store!

(the director of the day care actually told me this story, so I know it is true).

Update - Does anyone watch Private Practice? TOTALLY balled my eyes out tonight! Anything mother/child has me gone. I have always cried over things like that!




4 comments:

Katie said...

Adn that is your WELCOME to motherhood Ann......

Funny crap about the whole Staples story.....

Hope hse feels better soon....we have had the whole pink eye deal MANY MANY times....1 person in school gets it they all get it!

Wiz said...

I watched and yes, I totally cried. Happy belated birthday!

Lindsay said...

Awww Ann...Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope Miss Abby feels better soon! She does look pitiful.

gammy said...

I love your recall of the day makes me feel I am there with you... thanks so much for the pictures I love them and you picked the same ones i would have. good luck i know you are not much of an eye person. love you guys...