Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Car Seats and Ramblings

Today I had to go to Babies R Us and get some sippy cups. While I was there, of course I had to check out new car seats. With the travel system, I went neutral with green and tan. That bit me because 1) she gets called a boy, no matter what color I have her in and 2) she has poo'd, thrown up and dropped numerous amounts of food into her car seat...so do I really want to use it for our next child (YEARS from now).
I found this Graco seat that I really like. It can be used from when she is 20 pounds to 100 pounds (booster seat). So, Im thinking that it will be a great investment. And it better be at $159.99! Any ideas from Mommys that have been through this??
Next - I follow a blog about a woman that is raising money to adopt a little girl named Lily. If you have a few minutes, click here. Then click on "Another Ordinary Miracle". You can read their story there. At the bottom of the page, you can vote for her blog. If she wins, she gets $1000!




When I was getting married, I constantly went to theknot.com for great ideas. Just recently I found thebump.com that has great information for mothers-to-be and new mothers. This was also where the above link is being posted, I found some great links to blogs from this site (did you notice how many times I used "great" in this paragraph? - I need new words).
Sorry no pictures of Abby. She had on an adorable outfit today, but when I got her from day care, she had been changed (an "incident"), so I didnt get any pictures. We got home late as well, had to go grocery shopping. Now, I am just listening to her snoring over the monitor. Just like her daddy!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

OK I have the same car seat for Brynn. Loooooove it! I did a lot of research and it's comparable to the Britax which always get great safety reviews but are super expensive. The seat is super cushy and very sturdy...highly recommended.

Warf pary of 3 said...

we bought ours for Landon in April. We went with the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It was #4 on the top 10 and it was in our price range. Do you get coupons from BRU? They will run 15% car seats pretty much every flier i get in the mail. Our's was $200 and I think we paid about $150. Most car seats these days are all the same, all have side impact, most difference is price and weight limits, with/without booster. it's just what you like and will get the most use out of it. good luck