Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The last of our trip

Sad to say, but our trip is over! Time always just gets away from you on vacation. Five days sounded like a lot until it actually happens. Then you feel like you just got there. I definitely did not take as many pictures as I wanted to, but oh well. Soon, I will be able to take all the pictures that I want though!




On our last day in TN, my friend Lindsay brought her little girl Brynn over to meet Abby. We tried to get a picture of them together, but they just weren't having it. First, Abby sat still while Brynn tried to run away.



Then Abby said "I'm outta here". Look at the look on Brynn's face. She is like "Where do you think you are going". She was infatuated with that piece of plastic that came off my parents' tv. Kids are just so into the oddest things!



Then my brother came over to keep me company for the afternoon. Abby was a little cranky and needed a nap. JD just kept saying "What do I do?" "What do I need to do with her?". Just rock her, geez JD.



So, our flight.....hmmm.


We were late to the airport in Nashville, so I got there as they were already boarding and missed the small children boarding. The plane was packed and you always love everyone looking at you with a baby. She actually did relatively well on that flight as I have learned just to keep her occupied.


But that plane was delayed so we landed as the other plane in Charlotte was boarding. Of course, I was at the opposite end of the terminal in Charlotte, so we pulled a Home Alone run through the airport. Trust me, Momma is not a runner. I got there right as they were closing the gate, sweat poring off me, didn't even have time to change her. Luckily this flight was not full, so we had two seats to ourselves.


Have you ever tried to change a baby in a airplane bathroom?? It is not something that I will EVER suggest doing. I have actually never even been in one of those bathrooms before. It is ridiculously tiny.


The flight was about 45 minutes and Abby screamed approximately 30 minutes of this and then conked out cold on me. Nothing like a screaming baby on a flight.


We arrived in Jacksonville around 9 PM, exhausted. What better to end the night than noticing that your luggage is not coming around the luggage thingy? Oh that is right, no luggage. It apparently didn't run fast enough to make the flight in Charlotte. Since this was the last flight into Jacksonville, there was no chance of getting it until the next morning.


It is amazing what you can live without. I keep travel size shampoo/conditioner at my house since I travel for work and hoard it. Of course it was packed up in the garage, so Stuart had to get up at 5:30 and find the box with it in there :). Then I used his toothbrush, deodorant, body wash. That combined with no make up or hair straightener....I celebrated Halloween a little early this year.


But the airport did deliver it this afternoon, so we survived our trip!


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh No!! Sorry the flight was so horrid! Glad the gals finally met. I think I actually got a pic of them both looking.

gammy said...

once again a bad flight. I know you will be happier once you move back. glad you trip was good. hopfully next time we can get a chance to see you.. love you and thanks for the prayers

Jess said...

I just have to say, JD looks absolutely terrified in that one shot, like it's the first time he's ever even seen a baby. The Cat Dad is a much better caretaker than he leads on.