- "Babies should be banned from planes, movie theatres, restaurants, and any other public place for that matter. The rest of the world doesn't think your kid is as cute as you do," wrote one poster.
- Huh? Excuse me jerk, but unless you were born an adult, I am pretty sure that you were once a baby as well. If not for babies, then the friggin' world would cease to exist. Maybe I don't like jerks in restaurants that are drunk or talk on their cell phones. I agree that some children are a little more "out of control" than others, but you can't ban them from EVERYTHING. Ignorance.
- Some posters suggested that airlines should seat families with children in one section of the plane or offer flights for adults only.
- Flights for adults only? What about flights for people that are too stupid to realize that their luggage WILL NOT fit in the overhead bin. Or want to waddle like cattle out of the plane like they have all the time in the world?
- "The other people on the plane do not have to be subjected to your child crying. It is absolutely not something that they should be expected to endure. They can't leave,"
- Well, maybe they should. Jump out of the plane that is. I have flown many, many times, baby and no baby. There is nothing more annoying than the loud, smelly, just stupid people that you have to be around. Babies were the least of my worries.
- "So if you're flying, it means that you may have to get out of your seat and walk around, pace the airplane and make sure your child has a pacifier and a bottle. You may be tired at the end of the trip, it may not be a great flight for you, but that's your job as a parent."
- Oh I'm sorry, you want me to walk my baby up and down the aisle in the 3 minutes that the seat belt sign is off? Great, I am sure that will help. Especially since the aisle is barely 2 feet wide. Ill just smack you in the face with my ass and baby's feet too. That will make them happy.
- If you can afford it, always buy a seat for your infant, instead of holding the baby on your lap. It's safer, and you'll have more room to maneuver.
- Last time I checked, Kids 2 and under are FREE. FREE. The airlines' decision, not mine. So, I am not shelling out another $250 for a seat.
- Glaring at the parents of a loud or unruly child may not always work. "Sometimes the parent is so thick-skinned and they don't care, so it isn't helpful."
- Maybe the parent knows there is nothing that they can do. People in general hate to travel, including flying, a baby just gets to express it. If you think that the parent, doesn't care, it is probably because they are just as annoyed as you are. By your GLARES and SNORTS. You don't think that is annoying??
Thanks for listening to me rant.
I have had the pleasure of sitting by angels (and one drunk guy that just wanted to hold Abby - hey, where was he going to take her??) that were very patient and understanding. I think if you need to fly, fly. And screw the people that look at you!