Monday, March 1, 2010

Everybody Sleeps But Momma!

Well that is not entirely true, but I am usually the one with the camera...so I get to capture the action (or lack of)!
*****************
Stuart totally broke his promise to get up with Ms. Abby at least once during the weekend. But he was super sweet and let me take a two hour nap yesterday. After I got up, I was sitting beside him on the couch playing with Abby.
Poor Abby did not realize that Daddy had fallen asleep watching the race (although heaven forbid I changed the channel)!

She just wanted to hand Daddy her magazine pieces.

Finally, when we wouldn't take them, she just stuffed them between his legs. It was great when he woke up and didn't know what was going on and why he had paper shoved between his legs!
***************
My normal morning ritual is to get up, shower, and by then Abby is up and we play before I leave for work. I swear that I heard her this morning, so I went in to get her....

Out like a light!
I have a friend that has one of those monitors that you put under the mattress and it tells you if the baby stops moving. Maybe I am a bad parent, but we just went with the ole regular one. I do not regret my decision one bit....because this girl snores SO LOUD! I have to turn it on the lowest setting a night just so that I can sleep. Stuart snores as well, so it is a wonder that I can get some sleep at all!


This is the best shot that I could get of pj #3. Not so bad, I forgot to take a picture of the other pair - that were completely green!

Abby is getting to be so much more snuggly. Now that she is a walker, she finds it hilarious to run at me full speed with her arms wide and throw herself in my arms. I love it! At night, she also likes to lay next to me and play.


And do some light reading before going to bed.
****************
Every night, I put Abby to bed. I tell her it is time to go to bed, she waves good bye and then I rock her for a few minutes. Then she is out.
Tonight, I told her it was time to go to bed and she RAN from me. Guess where she ran?? Straight to her daddy and tried to hide behind him so that I couldn't get her. Can we say Daddy's girl???

2 comments:

Wiz said...

Yes, I saw it pretty quickly. Not sure what was up with that. I have never seen anything like that before! Thanks for the comment :)

Anonymous said...

You had better. I'm still waiting on our "meet in the middle" road trip! --- on the up side, the house right across the street from ours literally went on the market about a month ago, noticed that a new fam was moving their things in today and taking down the real estate sign. Seeeeee, there is still hope! I will pray for you guys.

Now, on a very serious note, I had no idea that they made baby monitors that tell you if the baby stops moving!!!! I feel horrid!! You bet my very last penny I will have one of those for the next one. Do you have any idea what a basket case I was when Ashlynn was first born........... this would have gave me much more peace and A LOT more sleep! :)