Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shots Suck

Abby had her second round of shots today. See here for the full story.
After getting stuck in traffic for a freaking hour today (only to see a wreck on the OTHER side of the interstate), I get home to one sad girl. She is sitting at the dinner table with food all over her face and droopy eyelids.
I found her sheet from day care and it said that she was coughing all day with a runny nose. Stu tells me that when he changed her and touched her legs (where the bandaids are) she screamed bloody murder.
I just knew the bath was going to be bad. I didn't fill the tub all the way so they would not get to the bandaids. It didn't matter, she cried so hard I could barely wash her hair.
After the bath, it took both of us to get her pj's over her legs. This was about 6:30. I told Stu to take the dog for a walk and I was going to rock Abby. As soon as I sat in the rocker, she just layed right into me. After about 15 minutes, she was OUT. Paci fell out and everything.
********
Although I am so sad that she doesn't feel good, I have to say that I LOVE her sleeping on me. It just reminds me how much I love being a mom. Having this sweet little angel that knows that she can fall asleep on me/Stu and that we will always love her and protect her.
********
I can hear her coughing in there, I just put a pillow to try and prop her up.
********
UPDATE: All of a sudden, Abby just LOST it. I went in to check on her and she was burning up. I took her temp and it was 102.8! We called the doctor and explained everything. He said it was normal and to just give her some Tylenol. We did and she calmed down a little, enough for us to rock her back to sleep.
Before that, I had her on the floor singing her favorite songs, pointing out her favorite toys, anything to get her to stop crying. I think my heart broke a little tonight.

2 comments:

Wiz said...

Does she have her molars yet? Could she be teething as well? We have had the hardest time with Colt. Bless his heart. He wakes up screaming and it has taken as long as an HOUR to get him calmed down. We try everything.

Hope Abby feels better soon.

SueB said...

My heart breaks for your little girl...I know how hard it is to watch your child in so much pain. My kids didn't mind the actual "shot", but the side effects were awful. We used to give them Tylenol right in the office before the doctor gave them their shots...it seemed to lessen the severity of the side effects. Hope she feels better soon!