Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fun Times with Great Friends

This weekend, we had Katie's Bridal Shower. I had my camera, but didn't know that I had it, so I don't have any pictures :( I did get to hold the sweetest baby in the world, Ethan, for about a half hour though. Let me just say, I am not used to holding a baby! My arm was trembling!
******
That night, 11 of us went to eat at Tokyo in Smyrna.
Here are some people on the other side of the table. Amber, Teesha, AK, Seth, Randy and the beautiful birthday girl....Amanda!
After dinner, we walked next door to Sullivan's and played pool.




For some reason, my flash temporarily quit working. But if you can't tell, we are all taking celebratory shots! Randy (who started early), Amanda, Me (hidden in the back), Stu up front, Benton, Michelle, and the bride-to-be Katie.



But then the flash started working again!
Michelle, Amanda, Katie and I. Some of the best gals to call friends!
****
Today, we went swimming at my parents neighbors. Abby was exhausted as she has spent the better part of the weekend with Gammy and her cousins.
I still took her swimming though.
Poor gal was so tired....she fell in the pool!! She was on the top step and trying to take a step down and just fell face first into the water. Of course, I was only a foot from her so I grabbed her in about 1 second. It scared her, but after a little loving, she was fine.
I can look back now and laugh about it, but it did scare the crap out of me!
******
For my own bad memory, I will let you know a few of the posts that I have scheduled to write this week.
-Abby's pictures that I finally shared with family.
-Abby's room (gotta clean it first!)
-Tagged questions
-I also wanted to write about some books that I have read recently that I love. I read a new book every couple of days, but a few have stood out that I really love.
-Emmy: Hits and Misses
******
Here's to hoping the week flies by....three day weekend!!!

2 comments:

Wiz said...

Great posts! Looking forward to it!

Katie said...

Ann I can't believe you didn't like Leah Michelle(dont know if that is how you spell the girls name from Glee)dress....it was one of my favs......loved the NAVY! Had a blast hanging out this past Sat. and I am so thankful for all my wonderful friends showering me with wonderful gifts for B and I to start our new life together...you girls are the best!