Friday, December 4, 2009

Show us Your Life - Christmas Ornaments

Kelly's Korner is doing a "Show Us Your Life - Christmas Trees" this week. Since I already displayed our Christmas tree, I thought I would tell about the ornaments on it. Everyone of our ornaments means something so I love each and every one of them.

This is our "Ali" ornament. We had it made about two years ago.
Two years ago, we also got this ornament that has "The Staples" on it.

Stuart sent this to last year when he was in Iraq. It is very blurry, but the suitcase says "Abby".


He also sent this one to me with all of our names on it. I commented that it was just like the other one that we had. He had no idea what I was talking about. How random that he picked the same style that we already had!

Mom gave this one to Stuart - a hunter, go figure.

Last year, I went to an Ornament Exchange with the wives of the battalion. This is the one that I ended up with and I love it!


No Christmas tree is complete without a Redskins stocking.


Stuart's mom gave us this the first year we were married. It opens to cute little bears.


I have an unnatural obsession with nutcrackers at Christmas. My tree has about 5 of them and I have 3 large ones around the house. I just think they are awesome!



When Stuart was in Iraq, the wives put together ornaments to send to them overseas. I had this one made with a picture of us the day that he deployed. Alas, the ornaments never made it out of the officer's office, but it is still a memento to keep.



I think this is about 2-3 years old, but this is our nephew Evan. Very cute ornament!
We already have a few picked out for this year, betcha can guess what they are!!


Here are some places that I found Abby today when she went "missing".

Looking longingly in the bathtub!

Finally messing with the tree!

I was in the spare room playing with her and she crawled out of the room. About 60 seconds later, I walked in the living room to find her. I couldn't find her! Ali came running out of our bedroom, so I figured she was in there. And she was.....if you know our house, you know that is a long way to crawl in one minute. But when you are this cute, I guess that you just want to see yourself!!
Hopefully going to see Santa tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

gammy said...

you always do such a great job with your blog. I love it. Love the ornaments. great idea.. Love Abby looking at herself. what a doll. can't wait to hug..

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!