Sunday, December 6, 2009

11 Months Old

Abby is 11 Months Old today!!! Can you believe it? I know I can't! She is growing like a little weed and makes me laugh and smile every single day. I just love her personality! I can tell that she is going to be a handful, but that she will also just be so sweet. One minute she can be into something that we say "No" to and the next is yelling "Da-Di Da-Di" so loud that it hurts our ears but makes us laugh.

  • Crawls faster and faster. She loves to be chased and will get going so fast that she trips over her hands and face plants the carpet. Makes us all laugh every time.
  • New favorite food is broccoli! Abby will eat it raw, but especially loves it cooked.
  • No more spoon for her. Rarely, she will eat oatmeal, but pretty much everything else has to be something that she can pick up. We go through tons of bananas and grapes each week.
  • Starting to hold the bottle better. I don't push her enough, but hey, what can I say?
  • Walks through the house holding on to everything, but still hasn't taken her "first step". We secretly think that she knows how to do it, but is waiting for the right moment to debut it.
  • I posted about a month ago about her standing up. She has not even come close to doing it again. Maybe it was a dream!!
  • Decided that she was too busy for afternoon naps, so she only takes morning naps now.
  • Goes to bed from 7-7:30 and gets up about 6-6:30.
  • Went through a phase where she just grew 5 teeth in one week. Haven't seen one since!! I keep thinking that she is teething and one looks like it MIGHT make it out soon, but as of right now, still just the 5.

*************************************

NOW.... on to the GOOD Stuff!

We had our Christmas Card shoot today. It was freezing!! But sunny, so I think we are going to have some good pictures. I love, love, love the gal that does my pictures. She actually quit doing it because she is a stay at home momma to two beautiful babies, but she told me that she would do ours. Justine and Steve came along as well to get pictures done.





Some pictures that Justine took. I bought this dress online last week. It has Abby embroidered on it! I LOVE IT!!




Getting our picture done on the dock. Jenny (my photo gal) has some miraculous way of taking a picture and it coming out great even though I was unsure the first time that I got them done about the scenery. The gal knows her stuff!


I took this picture of Jenny getting Justine and Steve's picture. You cant really see anything, but I thought it was a pretty picture.



Stuart trying to shield Abby from the freeze. She pretty much did not smile in any of the pictures, but what are you going to do???
***If you would like a card and I don't have your address, just leave me a comment. We are ordering like 50 and I'm not sure that I have that many people :) so I would love to get rid of them all!



To finish off our photography day, we went to the Exchange to see Santa. Stu was thrilled about the hour wait.



But waiting in line, we got a picture with the Grinch.

I took this picture. Abby was not smiling or anything, she just froze.


This was the best picture that we got.


Another one of the "official" pictures.
************************************
Just my thoughts on Santa and the Easter Bunny. Don't take the job if you aren't going to make an effort. Really. The Easter Bunny was just creepy. We went to the mall and paid like $40 for three pictures.
This time, we went to the Exchange where we got a FREE disc with pictures on it. But Santa was obviously not a happy camper. I understand that having screaming, drooling kids sitting on your lap probably sucks, but make the best of it. This Santa didn't talk, didn't even look at the camera. But whatever, Abby won't remember it anyways!!!
*****************************
With all of this Christmas stuff going on, I got in the mood to wrap presents. Of course, I had a helper. So, if you get your present this year and it is a little, uh, wrinkled that just means that Abby gave it a hug before you opened it.

Her most favorite part was the ribbon. She pretty much unrolled all of my ribbons before I made the bows. That was fun!


2 comments:

gammy said...

those are great. def. looked cold while you had your pic shoot. Just love santa.. HOHOBaaHumBug.. wow.. but that just made Abby shine even more and I don't see you on his lap!! LOL...

justine said...

The pic of Stu and Abby waiting for Santa crack me up! He looks soo happy haha

Have fun in VA