Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Few More Pictures

I don't have any new pictures to post tonight, but I will still share a few from our photo shoot.


Today, it was "Momma and Abby" day. Daddy had a headache (couldn't be from the party he went to last night, huh?). But we had a great day. She was too funny. We have a small stool that sits beside the couch between the couch and the fireplace. She would lean on it, STAND UP, then get to dancing so hard that she fell down. Where did she get these moves from??? I laughed over and over about it.


Once Daddy was recovered, we went and did our FINAL Christmas shopping!!! Other than me and Stu for each other of course. I will say that I had a $10 off $100 coupon for Toys R Us. So we bought her some sippy cups, a Hello Kitty toothbrush, bought our nephew Chris a toy and spent the REST on her Christmas presents. She is one lucky little girl. I cannot wait to share what we got her. It is awesome, girly, and a little "old school".

**********************************

While we were browsing for Chris, Stu was like a kid in a candy store. I really think that he wanted half of the toys in the boy section. I had to point out the age requirements for EVERYTHING. Finally, I drug him to the "baby" section (as Chris is only 2) to pick something out. When it came to shopping for Abby, he was blinded by all the pink in the girl section. It was so cute watching him being overwhelmed by the Barbies and baby dolls. As a boy that has two brothers and two nephews, girl stuff is way too much for him!!!

**********************************

After Christmas shopping, we went and ate at Cracker Barrel. ***My side note - when you see people come in with a small baby and ask Smoking or Non Smoking, DO NOT sit us one table over from smoking...... I could smell it before I got to the table. We asked to be moved and were moved two tables over. Luckily, VA finally passes the law on January 1st of No Smoking in restaurants.

Abby has NEVER been picky. Tonight she threw everything on the floor except the tomatoes from Stu's salad. It got to the point that we had to ask the waitress to bring us more tomatoes as that she was all that she would eat. If you have ever been out to eat with me, you know that at the end of my ordering, I say "Leave tomatoes off anything that has it on them". I hate them. With a passion. I am so glad that Stu is able to introduce other foods to her.

***********************************

This picture was actually in our "top picks".

Jenny, the photographer, has the most adorable little girl, Gracie. She wanted so badly to be in a picture with us. I told her "Come right in". You can tell that Abby is like "Who are you?"


Justine and I in a picture to check lighting. Isn't she so sweet? They went to VA this weekend and I missed hanging out with them....we are used to seeing them every weekend!!! I will be so sad when we move to TN and they move to FL.


So, this was definitely one of my favorite pictures. It was actually an argument that it didn't make it to the Christmas card. I just felt that the Christmas card should be more about the family, jealous maybe (me)???? But I will definitely have it framed. She is going to have him wrapped around her finger!!!!

1 comment:

gammy said...

wow those were awesome pics. tell me a toy that stuart would wanted at toyrus. I would love to buy him a toy. I think it would be so funny. we will be celebrating Christmas the weekend of Jan 1. Saturday would be better for us since the boys leave on Sunday. I will cook our Christmas meal that day.