Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Randomness

So, I'm trapped in a hotel room in Virginia until Friday. Let me just tell you, it is boring (aka. lonely). Although I did get some Christmas shopping done tonight, it is about 7 and I am debating either a glass of wine or sleep. Maybe I will just ramble....

******************************

I was wrapping presents on Sunday and realized that I needed boxes. We live super close to the Dollar General, so I went up there to get them. As I was leaving, I see an older lady pull a bundle out of the car and put a blanket around it. I'm thinking baby. Oh no, as I was driving off, I see that it is a friggin' monkey. Yes, you read that right. A baby monkey. I have seen previews for some show on TLC about people that treat monkeys like babies, but I have never actually seen one. Especially at the Dollar General in Hubert, NC.

*******************************

On my five hour drive to Virginia, I stopped in a small town for some Star burst. As I was pulling back onto the main road, I notice that the passenger in the car in front of me hand something to the driver. Not thinking much about it, but as I get closer to them, I see that it is a baby girl about Abby's age. They were driving with that baby just hanging out in the front seat. I was shocked silent. I tried to find my cell to dial 911 (yes, I would have done it), but they turned off another road. I am assuming that they lived in that town and weren't going far, but I don't care. They just better be glad that I didn't get that license plate number.

*******************************

I love, love, love NY & Company's tank tops. They are high in the front and fit really well. We don't have one in Jacksonville (well, we have nothing in Jacksonville), so when I found out I was coming to Virginia, I knew I would be stopping by to grab a few. I went by tonight and found two of them. There was a HUGE sign over them that said 2/$20. I was excited because they are normally $22.98 each - and worth it. When the girl rang up my purchase, they rang up $22.98 and $11.49. (Buy one get, one half off). I said very nicely, "Aren't they 2/$20?" pointing to the sign. The girl looks at me, looks at the sign, looks back at me and says "No". Rather snarkily I might add. So I said, "Well then what is 2/$20?" as there was nothing else under it. She looks at me, VIOLENTLY rolls her eyes and says "Let me check". She came back a few minutes later and says "Well that sign doesn't go there, but I will let you have them for that price". Score!! But really, was all of that necessary? Don't blame me that you are too lazy to put your signs where they go.

*******************************

Our nephew, Evan, is participating in a jump rope contest for the American Heart Association. Click HERE to see his page and donate.


******************************

I got a forwarded email recently that said the ACLU is trying to do away with Christmas. I did my own research and found this article . If you want, you can read it and make your own decisions. They are stating that we have the right to celebrate our holiday, but the government doesn't need to get involved. Just something to read if you are interested.

******************************

Every Christmas, Xerox allows you to send a Christmas card to someone overseas. FREE!! Just go here and follow the easy steps to send a card. Takes a few seconds and a service member gets a Christmas card!

******************************

The Biggest Loser finale is tonight!!! I love this show. All of these people are so inspiring and it is amazing the weight that they lose each week. The finale is the best as all of the voted off people come back and show off their weight loss. I do have to say that my favorite was Abby. She lost her husband, 5 1/2 year old daughter and 2 1/2 week old son in a car accident. What tragedy to overcome! But of the four left, I am rooting for Amanda. I hate to see young people that struggle with weight issues.

******************************

Speaking of weight...did you hear about this story?? A four month old baby is denied health insurance because he is obese. It is an older story (from October), but thinking of the Biggest Loser reminded me of it.

******************************

One of my good friends that I used to work with at Ferguson in Nashville is having her baby Friday!! I am so excited for her and her husband. You can read her blog here. She is also listed on the side of my blog under Dawson's Days. If you are reading this Bettina, you need to open your blog up for comments though :) I am a lurker, but will occasionally leave comments!

******************************

OK, I am out of topics. Guess I will sit back and watch TV and drink a glass of wine. Hopefully Stu will send me some pictures of my little baby tomorrow that I can add!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE the Biggest Loser too! I couldn't get over how good Danny & Rudy looked! Amazing!!!!