Friday, December 25, 2009

Abby's First Christmas

Morning started with Abby waking up at 5:40 AM!! I listened to her cry on and off for about 20 minutes before telling Stu that it "was time". So...we got up, brushed teeth, used the bathroom, etc. Stu turned the Christmas lights on, I went in to get Abby......and.....she was passed out COLD!


I couldn't believe it.


So, we went back to bed and about 7, she woke up again. Now, it is time!




She was a little shell shocked that a brand new toy was awaiting her!


But she loved the Little People and promptly chewed on each and every one of them. Loving her new toy! She also got a Curious George Christmas book! I have decided that for each holiday she gets a themed book. I bought her a Halloween book, but unfortunately lost it until about Thanksgiving....the thought that counts.
Mimi sent her a doll that she loves!
Another one of her presents was a dog that barks and then jumps straight up into the air. She loves the dog when it is not "on". But the second that little dog jumps in the air, she screams and cries. Not exactly what I intended. Maybe it will grow on her.
Hanging out after the nap with her new toys.



We also had a fantastic dinner with Andrea, her mom, Justine and Steve. Andrea and her mom got her some new pj's. She is currently wearing 9 month pj's and her poor little toes are all smushed in there. Justine and Steve got her a stylin' new outfit as well. Pictures soon of the outfits (and hopefully Justine sends me pictures of dinner).



Although we had a great Christmas, it just doesn't feel like Christmas without the family. Can't wait for next week!



**********************


And poor Ms. Abby is beside herself because she is teething. She was miserable at dinner and nothing made her feel better. Maybe some grandparents will cheer her up!


**********************


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DANGIT!!! I have been searching and searching for someone to go shopping with me tomorrow, no luck and a crap load of snow and ice to get through, all for sales! Wish you were here! :( On the bright side, looks like Abby had a fantastic Christmas! (love the bed head!) I can't wait to meet that little girl, I am pretty sure she and I will get along great! She's got some spunk to her, I can tell!

SueB said...

So happy to hear (and see) that you all had a nice Christmas, especially with your husband home this year. You gave Abby a great
1st Christmas that she will always treasure. Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip back home...please give Gammy a big hug for me...I talked to her mom on Christmas Day and she sounded very good...so upbeat. She is a fighter! Have a happy, healthy and blessed New Year too! Love all your pics!

gammy said...

looks like Abby had a great Christmas. I know it was fun for you guys too. I love her hair. wow just a few more days and I get to get hugs.