Monday, October 1, 2012

31 in 31

I was inspired by a fellow blogger to write a 31 in 31 post.

Here are the 31 things I hope to accomplish this year:

1. Run a 5K I love walking them, but would love to run a full 5K this year.....and I HATE running
2. Volunteer for 3 major events I know one will be the St Jude's Country Music Marathon, just need 2 more.
3. Paint my trey ceiling I have wanted to do this since we moved in, I am determined to do it this year.
4. Paint Abby's bathroom Ever since we painted our bathroom, Abby has been asking to paint hers.
5. Define my foyer area Our house is very open, the foyer runs into the dining room into the living room. But I have seen some amazing foyers and would love to somehow make ours "pop".
6. Pay off credit card debt I don't have much, but I just need to bite the bullet and get it done.
7. Read some classic books (instead of garbage) I love reading, but would love to read books that have been around the block (I'm thinking Gone with the Wind, Anna Karenina, The Great Gatsby, Huckleberry Finn)
8. Buy (some) of my blog. Goal is at least 2 years worth The whole point of my blog was originally to turn it into a book.
9. Enjoy Disney World I was actually looking for an older post and came across this one. Haha - I am making my Disney dream come true.
10. Plan another family vacation I'm thinking something smaller like Gatlinburg or The Biltmore
11. Visit my friend Julie I haven't been back to NC in over a year and would love to go and stay a long weekend with her
12. Re-do my blog I am just over re-doing it (can't you tell) and I want to just to be done with it, just pay someone to do it
13. Teach Abby to read I think she is super close and would love for her to start out kindergarten with the basics
14. Cook more I can only commit to this on the weekends as it takes me forever to put a meal together
15. Send birthday cards Who doesn't like getting mail?
16. Frame more recent pictures Most of my framed pictures are pre-Abby or early Abby, I really need to update them
17. Start a garden I have a sweet little area in the backyard and am determined to grow at the very least tomatoes next year
18. Make a Minnie Mouse cake I can do this, I know it.  
19. Finally, get back to pre-Abby weight Im getting closer...just a few more things to change
20. Paint another picture Last July, I did the Sips and Strokes where I painted a picture that is in my bedroom, I had a blast and want to do another
21. Track my reading Keep up with what I am reading and how much, yes - I'm a nerd
22. Go to the Atlanta Zoo We love the zoo....plus, there is an IKEA in Atlanta ;)
23. Add nice pieces to my wardrobe Oh how I need a makeover, hopefully this is coming soon
24. Get a pedicure I tend to only do this when I am in weddings, I need to just splurge and do it
25. Go to a concert Hello...I live in Nashville, concerts galore
26. Pay it Forward at a drive-through I don't eat much fast food, but I would love to "surprise" the person behind me with a free meal (and drive off before they realize it)
27. Hang a wreath on it. I love wreathes and want to hang seasonal ones. 
28. Watch a black and white movie. Years ago I went through an old movie phase and loved it, I would love to see another.
29. Wax those brows. My eyebrows are fine, but I feel SOO much better when they are waxed. 
30. Blog more. This ties in with number 8. I want to post at least 5 times a week to keep up with Abby. 
31. Enjoy the year!

Well there it is......my goals for this year. Some easy, some hard, but all doable. Cheers to a great year! 

2 comments:

Jules said...

Ann I just love you! Great goals and very achievable :-) And you and Abby are welcome ANYTIME!!! Happy belated Birthday!!!

Wiz said...

I track my reading on Goodreads! Its addictive! And I am about to start Anna Karinina but the almost 1000 pages is intimidating!!

Love the list.