Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Famous in a Small Town

Well, a small "town" of 20,000 employees. 

I was chosen to be featured on our intranet at my company. I have known about this for about 2 months and was absolutely floored that I was nominated! 


Here is what the article said:

Ann's Story:
Ann joined Ferguson in March of 2004 before graduating college. For Ann, Ferguson is a family affair. Her father worked for the company for 23 years. "I knew I was joining a stable company that treated its associates well," she said. 

Ann began her career in the Nashville Shared Purchasing Center as an entry-level buyer. Her husband's military transfer sent them to Virginia, where she joined the DC Procurement Department as a Buyer and was soon promoted to Procurement Ops Supervisor. Not wanting to lose her talent, Ferguson worked with Ann during another military transfer to Jacksonville, NC, where she was reassigned as a Procurement Buyer. In 2010, she rejoined the Nashville Shared Purchasing Center. 

In her new role as Customer Service Team Supervisor, Ann is responsible for managing the purchasing team for the Central Region. "I work with my team to make sure we provide a high level of customer service,"she said. "The end result is helping the branch better serve their customer."

"The SPC has evolved so much since I first joined the company. We are now more involved in assisting the branches, helping them with purchase orders as well as inventory management," she said.

Advice to Others:
"Learn all you can. There are so many aspects of Ferguson. The more you know and understand, the further you can take your career."


Love it! And I have been so grateful for all the praise I have gotten from co-workers and people I have only "met"  through phone and email. I am a pretty laid back person at work, so it has been a little overwhelming!



2 comments:

gammydi said...

you are an amazing women. keep up the good work... like I have to even put it in writing. congratulations Ann

Sue B. said...

Ann, what a tremendous honor! You should be very proud!

Congratulations and continued success in your career.