Thursday, May 13, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Children's Books

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

This week at Kelly's Korner, she is hosting Show Us Your Life - Favorite Children's Books.




My very first post was about children's books and how I could not wait to read to my baby. Little did I know that I would have a little firecracker that refuses to let me read to her!











But my very favorite children's book is "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie". I think it has a great lesson (that you are always wanting more), and is just too funny to see what this silly mouse will get into next!

We also have If you Give a Pig a Pancake, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, and If you Take a Mouse to School. Love them all!



However, if you ask Ms. Abby what her favorite book is, she will tell you "My First Book of Numbers". Stu picked this book up in the checkout at TJ Maxx and that little girl brings me that book to read her all the time. She loves to point and count with me.

Very dark picture, but this is her sitting in her Bumbo reading this particular book!

Happy Friday!!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Great choices.

Wiz said...

Colt has NO patience for books. He just wants to open and close the book over and over and over. My pediatrician asked if we were reading to him. I laughed and said that he wasn't into it. He laughed as well and said only one of his three boys liked to be read to :)

Brimful Curiosities said...

What a cute picture of her reading! Numbers is a good book to like.

Kate said...

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is a great one to teach cause and effect!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

That pic is so cute!

Shoshanah said...

I loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I do remember If you give a Mouse a Muffin, but I'm guessing the others game out after I got too old for picture books.