Thursday, February 17, 2011

What Momma's Reading

I have been really enjoying my Nook. I did have to hit the library this weekend though. I just can't afford my habit!
This is a quick, easy read. If you haven't heard anything about it - it is about a little boy that "dies" on the operating table and goes to Heaven. It is written by his father, a preacher. I wasn't sure that I would like it, but I really did. Some of the stories that he tells are just amazing. It really makes you think about the place you go when you die.

I am about two-thirds of the way through this one. I am not a political person by any means. I am also not a huge George fan. But this book is an interesting story about the behind the scenes of some of the major decisions that he made. At 500+ pages on the Nook, it is kicking my butt. But I am looking at George in a new light.


I am not sure what I was expecting of this one, but it is more "scientific" on the study of girls. I really enjoy the anecdotes of how the toy industry influences generations of women (and occasionally men). And the history of dolls and how they were created (i.e. Barbie, American Girl) is truly fascinating.


This is next on my list. I think this has been on every best seller list out there. I borrowed it from the library, just in case. If you have read it, what are your thoughts?

************

Randoms:

  • Church: I am still going to the "big" church. It is very hard to switch when all my friends go to the same church. And I watch the kiddos once a month as well. There is a sermon coming up that I think will have an influence on my ultimate decision.
  • Weight: Ahhhh...not so well. I have been eating healthier and trying to work out some. Weighing in this morning, I have lost 2 pounds. Slowly but surely hopefully!
  • My friend's dad passed away last night. He battled cancer for 12 years. He left Earth surrounded by his family. My heart hurts for her, so please keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry about your friends dad. No worries about the party. If you are late or can't make it, that is fine. I totally understand.

Wiz said...

Sorry, that comment is under John's name. This is heather :)

gammy said...

so sorry to hear about your Dad's friend. I had no idea. My prayers will be with his family and yours. glad you like your nook and all your books. Sure does keep you busy.