Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Favorite Part of the Day

Here is a typical day:
Wake up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:30.
Abby sleeps until 8ish so I don't get to see her in the morning.
Work 7-5
Abby and Stu meet me at work at 5. Abby is fascinated with my push pins. She loves to take them out of my cubicle and rearrange them. Every day.
Usually get home around 5:30 or 6. Sometimes later if I have errands to run.
Eat dinner.
Give Abs her bath.
Play (i.e. color or slide on the couch cushions).
Then it is on to reading. We read the same 3 books every night. The Shape of Me, ABC's and numbers. After that, I turn on the mobile and turn off the lights. Then....we rock.
We rock and we talk. Recently, we have started praying. We pray for all of our family members, Daddy, Ali, Poppa, NeeNa, Gammy, Puppy (Daisy), Buddy, Evan, JD, Jess, Manda (I know there are more family members, but those are the ones that are most familiar to her). We tell each other that we love each other. We tell each other Good Night.
She is just the sweetest thing in the world then. No matter how mad I get at her, that is our special time. It may only be 15 minutes, but it makes everything in my day melt away. All I do is love on my baby.
**************
On Saturday, I told Abby that we were going to church in the morning. Her normal response is "See Manda?". My BFF always meets us at church and Abs just loves her.
That night as we were having our "talk", I said, "I love you Abby". She so sweetly turned to me and said "See Manda?"
At least I know where I stand, lol.
**************
Please keep this baby in your prayers. This is a former co-worker from VA. We were actually pregnant at the same time.
They just found out that their son has a brain tumor and the dad will be moving to TN (St. Jude's) with the son while mom stays with the older daughter.
If you have facebook, please "like" and show them support.
I can't begin to imagine what a family is going through to have to deal with something like this.
**************
Also......I have mentioned on here about a few friends of mine that are pregnant. The count is up to three! All due within a month of each other. All of these girls are close friends of mine and I am so happy for all of them. Please pray that all of them have healthy (morning sickness free!) pregnancies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers coming that way!

gammy said...

Your day does sound wonderful. I just love nights alone with Evan and Chris. We sing our prayer. And after that Chris will say. "Gammy do the hmm hmm" I hum it afterwords. it is so precious. When Abby stays, she expects also. It is such a nice routine. I simply love it. My prayers go out to your friend. That is the saddest thing ever. Keep us informed on facebook.