It is hard for me to believe that I have an 18 month old daughter! Seems like only yesterday...
- I would guess her to weigh 22 1/2 pounds. She likes to stand on the scale in the bathroom and a few weeks ago she was 22.1 pounds.
- She is still wearing her 12 month clothes, but we also have some 18 month ones that fit as well.
- Currently a borderline vegetarian. She loves fruit, tolerates veggies, but rarely eats any meat.
- I know all parents might say it, but she is so smart!
- She loves to play dress up and trying on our shoes, sunglasses, hairbows and anything else that dolls her up.
Trying on Daddy's house shoes (not quite sure why they are so dirty)
Lately, her obsession has been socks. We sat by her sock bin the other day and she insisted on trying on EVERY pair of socks. This is her with two pairs on each legs and one pair on the arms. Then, she determined that she had no fingers and wanted them OFF.
But she loves those socks!
- Abby can also count to three. We turn off the lights every night before I put her to bed. One in the hallway, one in the bathroom and one in her room. She counts, "Un, Ooh, Ree" as we turn off the lights.
- Her favorite book is still My First Book of Numbers. She loves for me to trace her fingers through all of the numbers. Then she takes my finger and traces the numbers as well.
- She has really started indicating what she wants. I can ask her any question and she will say "Yea" or "Nah".
- Of course, we are still working on "Want to change your diaper?". "Nah" Even though I can smell the nastiness a mile away!
- Refuses to wear bows. Her daddy somehow got one in her hair the other day. We went to dinner and I casually mentioned to Stu that I could not believe that she had a bow in her hair. Little gal looked me dead in the face, reached up in her hair (right where the bow was), pulled it out and threw it on the ground. Glared at me again and kept on eating. Such the personality!
- I think my "new" favorite part of her is her love for me. She is not a very affectionate person and never has been. But I was out of town for a few days this weekend. I went to the MIL's house to pick her. She started bawling as soon as she saw me and clung to me the rest of the night when we went to my parents. She wanted nothing to do with them, only wanted her mommy.
All in all, I could not imagine one day without her. She is such an awesome person and I love seeing her personality shine more and more every day!
WE LOVE YOU ABBY!