Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Strong Girl

I received a call yesterday around 5 from day care that Abby had a fever of 102.


We brought her home and she sounded like Donald Duck. Really scratchy throat, runny nose, coughing. It was sad.


I gave her some Advil to reduce the fever and she seemed to feel a little better before bed, but I knew she wasn't allowed back at day care (they have a fever free for 24 hours policy).


She crawled in my bed at 6:30 this morning and was hot to the touch! Her temp was about 101.4. More Advil, calls to the nurse, more medicine.


Later this afternoon, I tested her again and she was 100.6. We are getting there. I am staying home with her again tomorrow.


Here is my little angel showing how "strong" she is.


Sick or not, she is hanging in there!


***************


On another note, when we buy meat we normally eat it immediately or freeze it. And when we freeze it, as soon as it is unthawed, we eat it.


Tonight I made oven baked chicken (Ok, I didn't technically make it, but I did lay everything out for Stu to make it). I bought it on Sunday and the expiration date was 10/23.


Stu and I both have upset stomachs (Abby only ate a few bites). I swear that if we do not eat the meat immediately after buying it, it makes us sick.


Does anyone else have this problem? Am I crazy??

3 comments:

Sue B. said...

Ann, we buy most of our meats at our local butcher (he's my cousin). We eat it within two days MAX (if we don't freeze it). He tells us that if it sits for more than that in the fridge, it "sweats" and then bacteria sets in (even if it's in plastic or styrofoam container). If we buy the meat from a grocery store (rarely), we still do not go by the expiration date. It's not worth it to take a chance...especially with chicken.

Hope you ALL feel better and hope your little sweetheart's fever is back to normal soon!!

Warf pary of 3 said...

You never know with meat products. I throw dairy out if it just one day old. Hope you all get better soon.

Katie said...

We have never been sick from it....I buy and what I am not making that night goes straight in the freezer. Then the day I am cooking I trake the meat out and use that day( sometimes next day) and I haven't had a problem.....who knows.

Hope sweet little Abbs feels better soon!