Saturday, January 21, 2012

3 Healthy Years

Abby had her 3 year appointment yesterday.
Stats:
29 lbs and 6 ounces
36 inches (3 feet!)
I will say that I am about 90% confident in these stats, only because Abby threw such a fit.
For the weight, we had to weigh her on the baby scale. She refused to stand on the scale. And it took 3 tries because she tried to jump off the table.
For the height, she refused to stand up against the wall, so we (as in me and the poor male nurse) had to hold her to the table and make the marks and then measure them later.
It is amazing to me that at her 2 year appt (where she again refused the scale and standing on the wall), she was 28 lbs 11 ounces and 33 inches tall. She has gained less than a pound, but three inches. She is a skinny minnie!

Only pic that I got of her at the doctor.....

****************

One question I asked:

What are night terrors?

Basically, it is when kids appear to be awake, but aren't. It normally happens a few hours after they go to sleep. You can't reason with them or comfort them. They just cry and scream and there is almost nothing that you can do to console them.

Abby has had a few of these in the past month and it scares the crap out of me. So once I confirmed that is what they are, the doctor gave me the advice to just sit back and let her come out of it on her own.

It is terrifying and really hard to watch your kiddo go through one. But I feel better knowing what they are and that they are normal.

So thankful that we have a sweet, healthy, very strong-willed, beautiful little girl!

No comments: