- We are busy, busy homeowners. I realize now how small our first house and our apartment were. This house is almost double the square footage of both of them. Lots of room to move around!
- I can do whatever I want to this house. Install a ceiling fan (done), hang shelves (done), remodel the cabinets in the bathroom (soon to come).
- Abby has a yard to run around in. She has already learned not to leave the driveway. We live in a relatively quiet neighborhood, so I am not worried about her getting hit by a car, but you can never be too safe.
- Our neighbors are super friendly.
- We are busy, busy homeowners. There is ALWAYS something to do. I don't sit down until at least 9ish every night. It is wearing on me and cutting into my blog time ;)
- This could happen anywhere, I know, but I walked out on the back porch tonight and almost stepped (it is a step down) on a freaking possum! We had an empty plate that I had fed Ali on sitting out there. Stu was getting in the shower and I screamed bloody murder and made him get dressed (for the neighbors) and come investigate. It was gone, but needless to say, if I have to go back out, all the flood lights are coming on!
- Weeds consume my life. 16ish hours later, 90% of the front is done. It is just too hot to stay out there long!
A few nights ago, I woke up to Abby sobbing in her crib. It was about 2:30 AM. Stu and I both went in there to see what was wrong. She looked at both of us with tears in her eyes and said, "I just want some chicken".
We looked at each other, trying not to burst out laughing, and told her she could have some the next day.
She also refers to this house as the "new house". If I tell her that we are going home, she says, "No, I want to go to the new house".