Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

After two days off work, I was ready to get out of the house!


On Saturday, Amanda and I hosted a bridal shower for Michelle. We had a great time and it was great catching up with everyone. Courtney, Tracy, Me, Michelle, Amber, Amanda and Kelly.


After that, Amanda, Abby and I drove to Green Hills to exchange my bridesmaid dress for a (gasp!) smaller size.


Then Abby and I went home and played.

I bought these felt shamrocks months ago on clearance at Michaels.

Abby loves to glue them to paper.


She also loves to peel the address stickers that we get from St Judes and put them on paper.


***********

Mother's Day was great. We had brunch with my family at O'Charley's and then dinner with Olive Garden with Stu's family.


Afterwards we went shopping and Abby got her first glove!


She was not very happy about having her picture taken though.



Really unhappy!



Devastated!


Until she started playing with it.


Her and Daddy practiced throwing the ball back and forth.


*********

Stu and I are not big gift givers. I told him that the main thing I wanted was to get my wedding bands re sized as I haven't worn them in quite some time (like a year!). So I took them to Kay's on Saturday and they should be back in a week or so.


So I told him that the only thing I wanted from him was one measly Mother's Day card.


Sunday morning came and.....no card. I had to send him to Target to get some tissue paper. Hint, hint, come back with a card.

This is what I got. I laughed so hard. It says, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy. Love, Abby".


Apparently, he wrote it with his left hand. I will forever treasure this.


*********


Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and soon-to-be mommies!


2 comments:

Lori said...

OH that card is adorable! And your little girl is beautiful! :) Happy mother's day..

New follower, please stop on by..
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

gammy said...

love Abby's glove. PINK perfect! and oh I know how she doesn't like pictures. But then there are times that she can't wait to see them and she moves too fast. LOL we had a great time at dinner and I love my lotions. Thanks for a great time.That is awesome about the card. just too funny.