Thursday, October 28, 2010

Maybe a Teacher....

A few weeks ago, I noticed that Abby liked to "read" to me.
She holds the book up for me and talks nonsense.

Points to the pictures, but rarely says what they are. Just babbles.

She loves this picture of a mommy bear hugging her cub!
******
All of Abby's life, when it is bed time, I just lay her down and she is out. No rocking of any kind. I was always told, "Don't rock them to sleep, they won't learn to go to sleep on their own." Well, I think that is nonsense. But I also had a baby that didn't need it.
For the past few weeks, about 2 minutes after I lay her down, she is screaming and crying. I go into her room and pick her up. She immediately lays her head on my shoulder and I just sway with her. Then she is perfectly fine to go back to sleep.
And you know what?? Those few minutes are the highlight of my day. I look forward to it. So, to anyone that believes that "Don't rock the baby" crap - just remember, they are only small once. In a few short years, she won't "need" me to sway her.
********
I have been asking Stu why we haven't gotten any artwork lately. Apparently, it was all sitting in her cubby. So here is some of it:


Red, Yellow and Green paint.


Apple Prints

And this just makes my heart melt. How sweet is this? Could it be a boyfriend??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest story. You are such a good mother.

Nana