Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What Momma's Reading

Here are some books that I have lined up to read or are reading.



Little Bee by Chris Cleave




I usually pick books that are on the best seller list to give them a try. I made it about three chapters into this one before giving up. The only reason that I even made it that far was the "elusive-ness" of the summary. But then I decided that I really didn't care what happened.





Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner




I am a HUGE Jennifer Weiner fan. Love her. I recommend any of them. This is actually the first one that I have not bought, just borrowed. But if you have seen my book collection, I just have to stop buying books. I haven't started reading it yet, but it is next in line.




The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson




This one is next on my reading list after the Jennifer Weiner book. I am hoping that it lives up to the expectations. I borrowed the first one and am on the waiting list for the rest. I haven't read many reviews on it, so I am going at it with an open mind.





Mini Shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella


This is what I am currently reading. I have read all of the Shopaholic series and couldn't wait for this one. It is just mindless fluff, but I love it. Although, so far this is probably my least favorite. Maybe it is the spoiled child, I don't know. But I am sure that it will all end well in the end. That is the good thing about fluff novels.

The Lost Dogs: Michael's Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption by Jim Gorant
I am excited to read this one as well. I love stories with happy endings. It has gotten very good reviews, so I am hoping for the best.




Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay


I loved this book. It is about the Holocaust, so it is sad at times. But I think it is a great story. Ties in a story with the past with a present day story.
******
I just realized that I have only actually read ONE of these books. But I really haven't read anything too great in awhile. But I am excited about all of these that are on my nightstand (courtesy of the Smyrna Public Library).

1 comment:

Wiz said...

All of these look great. Give The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a Chance. I have heard complaints that people could not get into it but once you do, it is crazy and so good and suspenseful. I absolutely loved it! I have some of your other books on my list to read as well.