Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our trip to TN

Abby and I flew home to Murfreesboro this weekend. Stuart didn't go because he wasn't sure when he would be able to get off work. But, man, did he miss us! He cleaned the whole house. Then met us right at the gate at the airport, he's bored without us around to mess with him.

When we flew home for Labor Day, Abby slept like a little angel through all four flights (layover in Charlotte). I thought for sure it would be the same this time. I was WRONG! I was totally "that lady with the screaming baby". In reality, what are you going to do? All Abby wanted to do was touch the person next to her, get down and crawl, tear the complimentary magazine into a thousand pieces. You name what she couldn't do...and that is what she wanted (well, other than tear the magazine apart, I totally let her do that). Im just glad that it is over, we wont be flying again without Daddy to help calm Mommy's nerves.

But we had a blast....here is everything that we did!


Played at the pool, even though it was cold, it was fun (for her).

Swam around with Poppa.
Nona bought her a turtle to float in, she loved it.


Went to the park with Uncle JD. Just look at that smile on her face!


On a side note, do you know how hard it is to find a playground with a slide? Of the three that we went to, only one had a slide. I won't even get started on how "dangerous" everything is now. We had slides when I was little, I survived.



Went a swingin'


She loves to swing, makes her feel so independent.



One more swing picture. I love this little outfit, they are leggings under her dress. My mom just bought it for her, but she accidently bought 3/6 months, still fits though!


Close up of a girl having a blast! (and that might be her new tooth poking out)



Waiting on someone to feed her. No high chair at the parents so used the stroller.



While I was there, I got to meet the cutest, snuggliest little baby - Caden! You really do forget that yours was that small. I was so nervous to hold him. And I got to feed him too, forgot how to burp a baby


Doesn't he make just the best newborn faces???



I couldnt get enough of him. I didnt take Abby to meet him, for one because I didn't want her to be jealous of that hair (seriously, the kid parts it!), but she also has croup and I didnt want him to get it.


One more shot!


On Sunday, she got to wear her new party dress to her cousin Evan's birthday party. She thinks he is just toooo cool.



But of course, seeing Gammy was the best!


Chris was a little nervous around her I think, not used to someone his own size!


Evan opening our present, Abby hamming it for the camera.


Getting a good bottle from Gammy (Chris is getting more brave).



But as soon as that party was over and she was back to her Mimi....she was out!



And no weekend with my parents would be complete without the classic picture of her sleeping in Poppa's arms....








1 comment:

gammy said...

those were great glad your came out evan's camera well its going back to walmart. we will get him one with that money and your gift certifacate and $20 my parents sent him and get him a good one. he loves taking pics and now he will get a good one.. thanks again Abby is doll. hope next time she feels better.