Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day at the Beach/8 months Old

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

Abby and I spent the afternoon at the beach today. Even though we live thisclose to the beach, I have had yet to take Abby. Im not a big beach-goer myself, so I have been putting it off.




Abby's take on the beach - *shrug* - I think she could take it or leave it. She tried to pick up sand, but couldnt understand why there was nothing in her hand. Then when she tried to crawl off the beach towel and the sand shifted, she was having none of that. I thought I would spend the day pulling her back on the towel, but she wouldn't leave it. That worked out well. As for the ocean itself, NOT a fan. She loves water, as you know, but I dont think the waves were her thing.





Abby also turned 8 months last weekend. Here are all the great things that she can do now:






  • She pulls herself up on her own. She just started it on Thursday, but now she does it all the time. Needless to say, nothing on the coffee table is safe.




  • At the doctor last Friday, she weighed 17 pounds.


  • She is the fastest crawler on the East Coast. We turn our backs for one minute and she is gone....



  • She is extremely ticklish under her chin, in her armpits and if you poke her in the belly.


  • As I said in an earlier post, she had one tooth. This week alone, she is up to three. Two on the bottom and one on the top. I guess if they were going to come in, they were going to come in all at once.


  • She loves Ritz crackers and puffs. Enough so that it can ruin her dinner. She eats a huge breakfast (oatmeal and fruit), normal lunch (veggie and fruit), and picks at her dinner (veggie and fruit). So far, there is nothing that she doesnt like. This gal can eat!

  • Stuart swears that her first word was Da-Da. I was skeptical (or maybe jealous) at first, but it really does sound like it. Although at the beach today, she said Da-Da over and over again, so I dont think she really grasps what she is saying. We are still counting it though. She also says what sounds like Hi-Ya and Yum. Other than that, she just babbles and babbles.

  • Still sleeping through the night. Abby goes down between 7 and 8, up about 7. She will randomly wake up in the night (like last night at 4:45), but just putting the pacy back in her mouth and she is down.

  • Her full name is Abigail Marie. Her nicknames are Abby, Abs, Ms. Abs, Little Bit, Boo Boo and Abby 'Re. She responds to all of them.

  • Her hair is just getting longer and longer. I know this may sound silly, but I want to trim the hair growing over her ears. I know she looks bald....but I swear there is a ton! I can't imagine her getting a "haircut" so Ill probably just leave it.

  • Maybe because of Ali, she loves animals. At my parents house, they were watching Julius the fattest cat ever, and when she saw him she would just squeal! When Ali is outside, she likes to crawl to the door and make noises at her. At the beach today, a lady was walking a dog and as soon as she saw it, she just started screaming. Little Ms. Ali is good for something!! (just kidding, I love her so much too).





  • When we take a bath and it is time to clean her ears, she absolutely freezes. No matter what she is doing, she just stops and lets me clean her ears out. No fuss, nothing. Which can also be said of her nails. Since she refuses to fall asleep in my arms (too much going on), I have to cut her nails when she is sitting in my lap. She just watches me do it, no squirming. although I did draw blood about a week ago. Those nails are just toooo tiny.

  • No matter what kind of day I have had at work (and lately been a little more stressful), she brightens my day as soon as I see her. Nothing can touch my heart like that smile. I couldnt imagine one day without her.

  • She is still wearing her 6 month clothes, but some are 9 months. She can even fit in the 3-6 month clothes, but they are a little tight. The bathing suit in this picture is 12-18 months though. Baby clothes are sometimes hard to buy - you never know the size! Shouldn't they have a baby clothes fitting room??

  • One last shot of the squeamish baby and the ocean. She would put her feet in, but as soon as a wave came, she pulled them right back up!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Ms. Abby seemed to be quite the beach babe.... She's such a cutie. And I know what you mean about their smiles just touching your little heart like nothing else. :)

Lindsay said...

B has that same hat! Hope her good eating keeps up...believe me, it can change on a whim! Can't wait to meet her in person

gammy said...

wow that is a lot of news so glad we have this thing. what a doll looks like she is really feeling better. 3 teeth! she just left here with one.... glad you had a good time at the beach...