Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

One of my favorite blogs Kelly's Korner hosts a weekly "Show us Your Life" where people share different parts of their life. This week was wedding dresses. Since I LOVED my wedding, I thought I should join in.

My husband-to-be was (well, still is) in the Marine Corps and wore his dress blues. I wore a dress off the rack from David's Bridal. I didnt even have to get it altered other than hemmed. It was strapless with beading at the top and gathered at the waist. The train was small, and that is how I wanted it. The veil was tucked under my hair, not a big fan of veils.

Here we are in front of the mantle where we got married.

My favorite picture, I didnt wear shoes at all for the wedding!

Right after he saw me for the first time!


5 comments:

Mara said...

I love the dress and the uniform looks great too! My husband wore his blues for our wedding. We love your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

gammy said...

What a great day. those were great pics.memories.. how wonderful...

cady said...

pretty dress! ours did look quite similar. :)

Reen said...

beautiful dress...its so classic and elegant! you were a beautiful bride!

Thanks for stopping by my blog on the "tour".

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful, stunningly beautiful dress.....